• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. cyn

Black bear summer skiing in Whistler

I love that! My dachshund does the same thing sometimes. We call it "sharpening."
  2. cyn

Ski season weather wrap up

Worst season I can remember. We were hoping to go out with a bang when we went to Fernie, but despite there being TONS of snow, it rained every single day, making things decidedly unpleasant. The bowls were closed almost every day because of avalanche danger. I remember getting to the bottom of...
  3. cyn

My season's over, but I just bought _____________.

Several pairs of Smartwool socks - drastically reduced. I also came very close to scoring the Scott Dozers I wanted - $387 shipping included for 2012s - until the seller emailed to inform me that they had just sold out of my size. So I had to settle for new socks....:frown: A fitting ending to...
  4. cyn

Love My Auras, But.....

We're just back from a rainy, mushy, soggy, sticky week at Fernie. I brought my 2010 Auras, but they weren't up to the job, so I demoed this year's (the cute hummingbird ones) for a day. They were OK, but I wanted something with serious rocker for the crud and the sticky mounds. On the advice of...
  5. cyn

Okemo And Killington Mar 17-18

We were at Mt Snow last weekend and it was 77F on the mountain - waaaay to hot for skiing, IMHO. I had just had my Auras tuned and the bases repaired for our upcoming Fernie trip, and I dinged them on one of the numerous rocks that appeared throughout the day. $60 down the drain..... Anyway, Mt...
  6. cyn

B.C. Approves Jumbo Glacier Resort

Totally agree with Ringrat. No, it isn't right, but that's how this government operates. It just bulldozes over everything in its path. Who cares about grizzly habitat or sacred lands when there's BIG MONEY involved? Shades of Sun Peaks, only worse this time...
  7. cyn

Feel Bad For The Ski Resorts

We were at Mt Snow last weekend and talked to a local who told us that her town was "shriveling up." It sure looked that way to us. So many places for sale this year including stalwarts like TC's! Between the lousy snow years, bad decisions by the new owners of the mountain and the disastrous...
  8. cyn

Think I'm Done

It's RECREATION, not work! Ski until you want to stop, and then stop. My DH often wants to keep going, and that's fine. Sometimes I feel like it and other times I don't. I especially hate poor visibility situations, and I don't have any desire to get hurt. No guilt here.
  9. cyn

How Do You Take Your Ski Trips?

We do day trips, overnights in VT and once a year, most years anyway, a week out west. We've stayed in hotels and condos, although in recent years I've preferred condos because you don't have to think about where you're going to eat every night. We also like having breakfast in the condo and...
  10. cyn

Preciousssssssss......

I have the previous year's. Want those. Good choice on the binding.:drool:
  11. cyn

Caffinated Skiing

I normally drink only decaf, but I do indulge in a cup or two of regular on mornings when I ski. I find it revs me up and also helps my performance.
  12. cyn

Help Needed: I Need New Skis

Another Aura fan here. I got the Salomon Z 12 bindings for them, and they're nice and light.
  13. cyn

East Coast Gals, What's The Snow Like?

We had a surprisingly good day Sunday at Mt. Snow. Hard surfaces but no boiler plate, and full coverage. They'd done the best they could with what they had, that's for sure.
  14. cyn

Vail Breakthrough (and Am I Making Mtns Out Of Molehills?)

I have experienced the same problems during the 14 years we've been married. I have managed to do some rudimentary "spouse training," (toilet seat down, etc) but housecleaning? Forget it. So rather than stew about it, I hired someone to clean once every two weeks. That has made my life a lot...
  15. cyn

Where is winter???

That's why we're going!
  16. cyn

On Pockets

I need pockets, too, for small stuff like money and lip balm, but I also wear a small DaKine backpack so I can have my water, an extra neck gaiter etc if I need them.
  17. cyn

On Pockets

18. cyn

Help me understand my demos (volklgirl...)

I just bought the Tierras - on sale. I demoed them a couple of weeks ago and I was hooked. I still love my Auras, but I needed a pair of carvers and these fit the bill perfectly.:becky: Thanks to all the Divas who gave me such great advice when I was shopping for them!
  19. cyn

Fun in Montana

Ooh. Looks so nice! No crowds either....:jealous:
  20. cyn

Subaru Outback, 2.5i or 3.6R??

We just bought the 4 cylinder and it has plenty of power. The CVT transmission really helps.