• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. L

Best ski tip you ever got

My favorite advice that I have recieved and caused a breakthrough in my skiing was to "steer with your uphill little toe". It engages the uphill ski edge and helped me move to a more evenly two footed approach.
  2. L

Who were your ski heroes when you started out?

I actually did not have any professional skiiers as heros. I wanted to be like my dad, a ski instructor at a small mountain in maine. Lo and behold I am now going on my 10th year as a ski instrutor at a mountain in maine.:D
  3. L

skiing on new style skis

Any good boot shop should be able to fit you even if you have a "difficult to fit" anything. Sometime additions to your boots, such as cutom footbeds and heel cups may be in order.
  4. L

Teaching the 3 yr old to ski

Aside from saving up to getting a ski lesson, or looking for deals and taking advantage I would suggest that you keep him on the very gentle bunny slopes and do not try and push him to get on the higher slopes until his skills are solid. I would not advocate using a harness as this pulls the...
  5. L

What are your skiing goals this season?

I want to: - Use my new gear and get touring! - Move back to teaching kids to ski! -Get out west for a ski vaca!
  6. L

Advice on AT Boots?

Ladies, I think I am going to bite the bullet and buy a pair of alpine touring boots for this winter's adventures. I already have the ski set-up: Volkl Auras with Marker Barons on them and skins all cut and ready to go. I need advice on boots though. I have a small foot size 23. I work...
  7. L

Finally, big snow heading East!

Hopefully We get dumped on!!:D
  8. L

Do I need a fix with my boots or something else?

You need to go back to the shop you bought them at, or to a known trusted bootfotter in your area STAT! Getting advice from knowledgable people is not as good as getting advice from the experts. This is especially important as you are in pain and missing ski days.
  9. L

New England ice

It is pouring in Western Maine and most of the mountains were closed today. So glad I took the day off and skied yesterday!
  10. L

Auras as an AT setup

I have the Aura's with marker barons and they have been working well. I also know of other women using this set-up and seem to like it.
  11. L

Junior racing boots

I got Junior racing boots (Technica) a couple of years ago and luv them! The performance is awesome. Be aware that they will be colder then regular women's boots. I had to invest in heated footbeds.
  12. L

layers for inside coat

I wear the patagonia down sweater and think it is the best bet... I thought I could not wear down because of being allergic to it but it hasn't caused a problem yet. Otherwise I would have to agree on a thick windstopper fleece. You may also want to think about your bottom layer. If you don't...
  13. L

Boot Dryers

In the past I have bought dryers that work as a fan based system that blows air down a tube into each boot and they work really well, especially for a quick dry of the liners over lunch.
  14. L

Do you NOT wear a helmet?

I always wear a helmet when free skiing... and only just wear a hat when teaching the young kinds on the easiest bunny slope.
  15. L

Stopping negative thoughts

I find myself agreeing with altagirl (again). Why ski when it is terrible? The only time that I can think of that this is o.k. is when you're enjoying it. We get a ton of frigid, rock hard days in the east and sometimes you call it, but othertimes you just have fun. A run of rock hard bumps if...
  16. L

2010 Quiver,what you have, what your getting and whats on your wish list

I just got 156cm Volkl Auras with Marker Barons. (I'm going to get some skins to go with these babies.) I also love my Nordica Fire Fox. Wish list: AT boots, Tele skis, Technica boots
  17. L

Bailing on a ski day

I have bailed on skiing more then once, especially back when I was full-time living and working on the mt. Sometimes you just need a break.
  18. L

Volkl Auras of course! :)

Ohhh, I just got my first pair of 156 and put marker barons on them. I'm so excited to get some more snow in Maine to try them out!
  19. L

Speaking of goggles...

I need some advice on getting some sunny day goggles. I own low-light and moderate light A-frame oakleys but would love to hear who has some kick butt bright sun goggles. Also to add in this discussion is the fact that I coach so I need to try and steer clear of reflective lenses.
  20. L

Skiing in fresh powder

I have to say I agree whole heartedly with altagirl. I remember having trouble with powder in the infrequent maine snow. I also remember helpful (or not so helpful) tips that were yelled to me from the chair lift "Lean back, it'll help!" All leaning back does is wear you out faster. Getting...