• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. V

Golf Divas?

My previous instructor told us to warm up with a short swing, then gradually increase it to a full swing. Using a clock face, I imagine myself facing the clock. If you imagine your arms being the hands on the clock, reverse the numbers. My first swing may go back to 4 and end at 8. Then I...
  2. V

Push Carts

Some of the things I got: Tall cup -- I looked in Walmart, Target, etc. for one that fit snugly in the cup holder but would not stretch out the holder too much. And I wanted a hole that a long straw would fit thru Super long reusable straws Birdie bottle -- I was introduced to this by a...
  3. V

Push Carts

Birdie bottle (You have to practice with it so you get it right when the time comes. Belle and I treat all pars as birdies for practice purposes.)
  4. V

Push Carts

Great! So now we can start on your next golf shopping list! Tall cup to fit cup holder Super long reusable straws for the cup (you'll sip water much more often if you don't have to pick up a cup and put it back) Umbrella GPS or laser rangefinder
  5. V

Push Carts

I saw the Clicgear 4.0 in a store this week. Clicgear was one of the frontrunners from my research online, but there was a supply problem at one time. I don't recall if that drove my decision. Clicgear's wheels and wheel base look larger than the VR1, or probably any other one I looked at...
  6. V

Push Carts

I don't recall if they had a Clicgear on display. The one incident I have had was the wind getting under the umbrella and tipping the cart over. It happened only once. I wonder if a 4-wheel is more stable in those situations.
  7. V

Push Carts

I got the Sun Mountain V1R from Golf Galaxy, currently $289. I went to the local stores and checked them out in person -- the weight, layout, the feel when pushing them around, and especially how to set them up and collapse them. A couple was there also cart shopping. She and I discussed the...
  8. V

Ski accident

You should assume you are 100% liable for the crash. The person ahead of you might have fallen, just gotten up, and not gotten started again; might have stopped to regain control of their own skiing; might have stopped due to a person ahead of them falling. It's much like traffic laws where...
  9. V

It feels like I forgot everything!

@berryblondeboys -- Please look at this thread when you have a moment. I started skiing at age 50 and have had a lot of ups and downs. I took lessons with an amazing instructor last season and tried to document what we did. Others also contributed their experiences and insight which added...
  10. V

Difficulty deciding between Blizzard, Volkl and Rossignol for first pair of skis

Throw out Option 3. You don't have confidence in those skis for you. Every time something goes weird/wrong, you'll wonder about it and wish you had not kept them.
  11. V

Newish skier, older and ?s starting with boot issues

@berryblondeboys -- You're going to Pro-Fit, correct? And seeing Brian? If so, you'll be in good hands.
  12. V

Out for the season

Oof. What an awful way to start and end the season. Keep that positive attitude about coming out of this better than before!
  13. V

What can I do with my old skis?

Good advice re: replacing bindings. And if you buy bindings from the same shop as your boots, they will likely give you a good deal on mounting the bindings.
  14. V

Question: How do you know if a pair of boots are too stiff for you?

When my Atomics were failing me, I had an assessment done. The bootfitter said that boot was not the best for me, but he could make it work. I skied them for a few more weeks, then replaced them. I wrote notes from that assessment. You could do some of these things at home to gather some...
  15. V

And @MissySki, take your skis with you. People say boots are our interface with the ski, but in truth, boots are our interface with the bindings. We are usually fitted for boots on a flat surface. A qualified bootfitter can get everything dialed in correctly on that flat surface. Once we...
  16. V

Nope. It was a (as I recall) white plastic shim on Lange's site. It was intended to go at the back where my current shims are. I asked the bootfitter if they stocked them or if I needed to order them. That's when I learned about his preference for very dense foam. I don't find anything on...
  17. V

Lange sells a shim for this purpose. I assumed that's what the bootfitter would use. But I found only one shim online -- no variety of thicknesses. Then the bootfitter told me those are a hard material and he prefers something that can be compressed slightly -- just so if the skier pushes...
  18. V

Here's the post with photos of the shims. And here, looking down the back of the boot, I see my shims measure 5/16" thick. The white piece is the back of the liner. Behind it is a thin black shim, then a thick brown shim. You can test it out yourself by folding up trail maps and shoving...
  19. V

Depends on the boot. My Atomics had something -- maybe like a dial? -- on the side or back with markings for 13, 15, and 17. You needed the Atomic tool to loosen it and change the setting. 15* is about the right setting for me. My Langes come set to 12*. Not adjustable. At 12*, I cannot...
  20. V

Has the forward lean been checked/set?I'd play with that before softening the boot. Matter of fact, I'd tinker with every changeable thing before I'd have permanent alterations to a boot.