• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. P

#distractinglysexy

The temptation to enter into a debate on this issue is almost too much to bear. I shall just say, for my part...get a grip ladies. He's a 72 year old Nobel prize winner. His wife...a Professor of Immunology at UCL. He cracked a joke...someone got all PC on him and went to the media. I feel sorry...
  2. P

#distractinglysexy

Apparently he is a very nice old boffin who is mortified that some people took such great offence. Give the man a break!
  3. P

So now that you're not skiing......

Gardening all last weekend.. I find great satisfaction to be had by that and general pottering at home. Perhaps go for a walk around the fields and woods, or go for a run if my achy gardening muscles can take it (they didn't last weekend!). We love having friends round for lunch or supper. and...
  4. P

Dry ski slope stars

The dry slope where I first went, Swadlincote in Derbyshire, is still open but with the more modern surface now. I think it was built on an old slag heap as Swadlincote is an old mining town. I recall snowploughing down the baby slope and being terrified at the top of the big slope. Then we all...
  5. P

Dry ski slope stars

Probably a nice bit of Yorkshire drizzle! My recollection of dry slope skiing on the other surface- diamond shaped matting, was that it just speeded up a bit in a wet day. The photo below is pretty much like the slope I first took my baby steps in 1992. I don't think you see this surface much...
  6. P

Television Shows

Mr P and I currently hooked on House of Cards..final episode of series 2 lined up for tonight, followed by a seamless transition into series 3. The only issue will be how many can we squeeze in in one sitting before Mr P starts snoring! (3 seems to be the limit, despite our best efforts!) ...
  7. P

Dry ski slope stars

Hopefully the link above is to a cool clip of the grim remains of Sheffield ski slope. Some Olympic freestyle stars learned their trade here....
  8. P

For those of us (ahem) over a certain age.

Love the vid. Agree they still look a wee bit youthful still! The whole footrest optional thing is definitely a north american thing though...Never seen even the coolest ski bum with the baggiest ski trousers opt out in the Alps....
  9. P

Does your binding really matter?

Quite...I've said never again re Marker bindings...the misery of trying to put them back on in soft snow/powder as your mates disappear over the horizon or stand looking at their watches while you struggle to get your skis on...
  10. P

Blizzard Latigo vs Cheyenne

Ahh..well..I never really fell in love with my Kenjas. Loaned them to a friend this season. I now see my quiver as likely to be my Liberty Envy Powders, plus something sub 80mm...but not sure if I want to go totally piste ski. No rush anyway. I'm feeling very proud of myself as this season kit...
  11. P

Blizzard Latigo vs Cheyenne

Must admit I've been thinking about the Latigo as a on piste ski. This year I have been zooming about happily on stupidly fat skis (for the Alps) and contemplating reminding myself what sub 80mm skis really feel like. I really enjoyed the Brahmas when I tested them, so maybe try Latigo feels...
  12. P

Gardening

Definitely need to wait for the asparagus to establish. After a good warm April here, Mr P had some for his supper this week a bit earlier than expected. Our bed has been in for about 3 years. Am a bit of a gardening nut myself. It's kind of in my blood, and I've always enjoyed it despite it...
  13. P

New reality show to feature ski instructors

Hmmm...pondering the " cast" of instructors. Let me see... "Ulrika"- Swedish, blonde, leggy, heartbreaker. Heart of gold. 25 years old. "Tom", 22, a really posh English guy from London. Parents sent him to a very expensive private school, but he decided that skiing was the way. Nice guy, drinks...
  14. P

What's your favorite way to say goodbye to ski season?

No real rituals, but I am so glad I got to ski my favourite run in the world last week in France (Jerusalem in St Martin de Belleville). I'd be sad for a season to pass without ticking it off my list. The snow was amazing as the Alps had had a couple of good dumps last week, albeit above 2000m...
  15. P

Volkl Yumi w/ Marker Squire Binding?

Gave up on any Marker bindings last year. Griffons too stiff, and I had endless difficulties getting them back on. The previous year I had Squires on the skis and swapped them over for the Griffons, as the Squires would not always click in, though it seemed for different reasons. The Squires...
  16. P

The awful impact of California's drought.

Stepson ski instructing with girlfriend at Squaw has been given 2 weeks notice, so his season will be ending on easter weekend, 3 weeks early I think. It's a complete pain..under the terms of his working visa he has 10 days to leave the U.S. once his contract ends. He had already booked flights...
  17. P

Lifts that load with a conveyer belt

We've done the European queue style in other threads....but I have come to the conclusion that I am utterly euro in my queue technique. When I was in Squaw in January I was practically hyperventilating at the gaps in the queue and the dawdling :smile:.. By all means check your emails and have a...
  18. P

Lifts that load with a conveyer belt

Loads in the Alps. I think every chairlift I took today in the Monterosa area in Italy (so four in total and one slow 2 man) was a conveyor lift. I can't say I see any greater problems with them than any others. They are have a "starter gate" for the skiers so you time it right, they don't bang...
  19. P

Question: Anon WM1 Goggles

I've had mine all season. Mr P bought them for me for my birthday. They are the best goggles I have ever owned. I bought an Atomic helmet after the goggles and I have finally lost the gap between the goggles and my helmet. Lens changes are absurdly easy. I have never bothered before as it seemed...
  20. P

Help! Need tips to help stop my knees from A-framing

"A frame queen" here also. Am naturally knock kneed. I like to think I glide effortlessly and parallelly (? Not really a word but you get my drift) down the hill, but when I see video footage, all I can see are my darned knees coming together, even in footage from directly behind when I am...