• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. skidoc120

I Hate Perimenopause

You are so much kinder, mustski! When I worked in California I threatened coworkers with their lives if they touched the thermostat! I figured they could bundle up, but it wouldn't be pretty if I had to strip down. :bounce:
  2. skidoc120

I Hate Perimenopause

I started showing signs of perimenopause at 38; I finished at 52. World's record? You tell me. But I did get on birth control for 10 of those years so it may have put off the inevitable.
  3. skidoc120

I Hate Perimenopause

Wish I had known about mirena. I had the longest, slowest menopause on earth. :boom: But I can tell you this, it makes post-menopause feel like heaven. I love it! If I can just slow down my bone loss, I'm a happy camper.
  4. skidoc120

Custom Liners

Intuition Liners For anyone getting up to Tahoe, Bud Heishman fit my liners perfectly. Is he still at the Grand Sierra in Reno, Snowhot? I didn't ski on them for two years, and when I tried them on Monday they fit so well and molded to my foot I really needed help getting them on! But he solved...
  5. skidoc120

Where is winter???

Skiied Brighton on Monday It was a blast! Never been to Brighton before, and it was so nice, laid back, relaxed even though a little crowded for a Monday. I was so worried about all the slush I saw on the way up, but as soon as I got above Solitude it was dry and lovely. Will be back again...
  6. skidoc120

ACL Surgery - Graft Choice

Thanks for Ski Diva wisdom! I think I am going to give it a try on Monday; I'll take it easy and see how it goes. Thanks!:)
  7. skidoc120

ACL Surgery - Graft Choice

This is so helpful to me! I think I sprained my ACL a couple of months ago indoor surfing. I was afraid I would need surgery since high impact is till painful, but so glad to hear that surgery is not necessary for partial ACL tears. I'm quite sure I didn't tear through it, but I don't have...
  8. skidoc120

My daughter is going to be on Jeopardy!!!

How fun! Another excuse to watch Jeopardy. Here's hoping she blows the competition away!:yahoo:
  9. skidoc120

Staggered at people teaching their own kids

Thanks for keeping us posted, I really enjoyed the story, and am glad your son is doing well. Good suggestions, all. Gotta love theSkiDiva.com!:grouphug:
  10. skidoc120

If a ski was a celebrity

Clever girl, MSL! :laugh:
  11. skidoc120

Tipping your ski instructor _ advice?

Thanks for the tip on tipping! I'm really glad we're discussing this. I tipped for a group lesson, $100 for two days because I got a lot of inidividual attention and great instruction. But I noticed alll the other folks skipping happily away and wondered if one usually tips for group lessons...
  12. skidoc120

Question: Moving to be closer to better skiing

Utah Plug Really great comments, as usual. I have a little to offer from the Mormon perspective. I was a liberal Mormon from Pennsylvania and moved to Utah and felt that "outcast" feeling. Over time I realized it had more to do with the family culture in UT. More traditional Mormons often have...
  13. skidoc120

TJ Maxx

T J MAXX Swamp Dog: does anyone know when TJs starts getting winter/ski clothes in? I'm trying sooo hard to stay away from TramDock and the like, hoping to get to see/feel/touch before laying out the green. Swamp Dog, does that mean you can get a better deal at Tramdock than TJ's?
  14. skidoc120

Utah Season Passes

Brian Head Passes weasy, thanks for your generosity! (Love these divas.) :love: I am applying for a job in Southern Utah, and now Brian Head would be about 90 min. away, so I doubt I'd get to the Canyons much, though I do love it there. Anybody have an inside line to Brian Head? (Anybody...
  15. skidoc120

Happy Birthday, SnowHot!

Happy Birthday, Snowhot! Thanks for all you bring to the site. :yahoo:
  16. skidoc120

NEW BOOTS!!

Hi gardenmary, I am in the Antelope Valley, the high desert North of LA. We live close to Wrightwood, Big Bear, and got up to Tahoe last year. How about you? I think there are a few others from SoCal, like skibum4ever. I did get heat-fitted liners for my boots in Reno, and can't wait to...
  17. skidoc120

NEW BOOTS!!

Does that model come with the heat fit liner? I heard the 12's work well for a wide calf.
  18. skidoc120

How do you feel about buying last year's models?

Yay for bargains! Definitely love the bargain. Sport Chalet had a 75% off sale a couple of weeks ago, and we picked up $1500 of equipment, for like, $360. It was fabulous! DD had drooled over some Roxy boots, and found them in a perfect size for $35. I never want to pay full price, even if I...
  19. skidoc120

How'd you find TheSkiDiva.com?

Tip from Epic When I decided to come back to skiing last year, I began pestering the Bears over at Epic about skis for women. They gave me what info they had, and then steered me toward theskidiva.com. Thank heavens! I have learned a ton here, and have enjoyed the camaraderie immensely. Keep up...