• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. maggie198

Nordica Santa Ana

For me, 161 IS short these days.
  2. maggie198

I finally did it!

Oh, Elk remains a fun mountain! If you get a chance revisit it. I consider it my home mountain, even though it's 3 hours each way. It's where I ski, unless I'm taking a trip to NH, Maine, or Vermont. During ski season I'm usually there at least one weekend day, but often we stay overnight in...
  3. maggie198

My turn for Critique My Skiing

My critique - I LOVE the purple jacket on you. You skied well in the red (orange?). :thumbsup:
  4. maggie198

Nordica Santa Ana

I do think Nordicas ski a LITTLE shorter than some brands, or maybe they just measure their skis differently. Or perhaps they are just easier to ski for their length, with the sidecut, as most of their skis have quite a bit of shape to them. I also very much like Nordica graphics. A little artsy...
  5. maggie198

Has anyone tried to return ski boots?

I would still contact Lange. And tell them exactly what you've stated here. I've never had leaky boots, and don't think I could tolerate such a condition. And I do wear my boots on the first buckles only, because they are that snug on me.
  6. maggie198

Mt Rose Demo Day

When I gained weight, I found that my BPs became too soft for me on our eastern hardpack. And even though my weight is in the 180 range, the metal that's in skis like the Kenja (which was otherwise very easy for me to ski) tires out my legs. Nordica has been a good middle ground brand for me...
  7. maggie198

Question about ski size

Hooray! :jumphappy: Another vote for the 170s, btw...
  8. maggie198

Question: Volkl Charisma Length. Mens version?

Another vote for the RTM. My guy also skis them. I really want to demo these myself. Not a frontside carver, but pretty good on ice anyway is the Volkl Kenja. Comes in a 170 cm. I'm 5'6", 175 lbs, and usually quite comfortable on 170 cm skis.
  9. maggie198

I finally did it!

Good for you! Skiing can be such a soul-soothing, healing experience. May you have many good years of skiing hence forward! :smile:
  10. maggie198

Ohhh, I totally agree! I don't even really like cat tracks! I have to put my blinders on and just look straight ahead.
  11. maggie198

Starting and stopping skiing.

Yup, took a long break from skiing. At least 20 years. Reason why I got stopped and got back to it was in a previous post, so I won't repeat my story. I am thankful, though, that I found skiing again!
  12. maggie198

The East Coast Whine Thread

You got ME thinking about it too!
  13. maggie198

2016 Blizzard Samba

To me as well! :smile:
  14. maggie198

2016 Blizzard Samba

The Auras have metal, whereas the 100Eights do not. An important distinction for many skiers, so I wouldn't think it would be wise for Volkl to eliminate it.
  15. maggie198

I just worked on some drills for hooking up the inside ski last week, in an intermediate clinic I took with my boyfriend (he was getting ready to bail at the start, so I joined his group!). Though I thought I was beyond needing work on this skill, having done the same drill in years past, it...
  16. maggie198

2016 Blizzard Samba

I may be wrong, but I don't believe the Aura is being replaced by the 100eight. And I have liked Blizzards the past couple of years, just not the Sambas. I never liked Volkls before, but after gaining a few pounds the last couple of years I now quite like them.
  17. maggie198

2016 Blizzard Samba

Last year's.
  18. maggie198

2016 Blizzard Samba

I didn't like the Sambas when I demoed them. I felt the same as you, that they were work to muscle around. When I demoed, there wasn't really great snow coverage. It was our typical "eastern hardpack". I attributed my dislike to the conditions, and felt they might have been more enjoyable in...
  19. maggie198

Help Needed: Temptation, Superific or Neva advice?

At 5' 7", I would NOT go below a 160 cm ski, especially if it has rocker. If a ski is easy to turn, meaning the flex is right for you and the sidecut is one that makes turn initiation easy, you will barely notice the extra length when turning. But the ski will be wayyyy more stable for you. You...
  20. maggie198

So Many Mountains, So Little Time

Yup, you are my role model, ski diva! :wink: And MSL as well! Seriously, if you keep up with conditioning throughout your life, and have been an avid skier for most of it, I think you can go into later years quite strong. I didn't return to skiing until around age 49 or 50, after a bad breakup...