• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. artistinsuburbia

Mid-Atlantic/Southeast skiing (PA, NJ, DC, MD, VA, WV, NC, TN) for 2023-24

we arrived to our place at Hidden Valley and to our shock, we had received snow. 32 inches over the past week of upslope snow. The Laurel Highlands are back...pray the warm weather does not come to fruition!!
  2. artistinsuburbia

Okemo/Mount Snow

Thank you! We are booked for Okemo during the week! Just probably going to ski there.
  3. artistinsuburbia

Okemo/Mount Snow

Thank you Wendy!
  4. artistinsuburbia

Okemo/Mount Snow

Thank you for pointing me to the right divas!
  5. artistinsuburbia

Okemo/Mount Snow

@MissySki @lisamamot @Olesya Chornoguz
  6. artistinsuburbia

Okemo/Mount Snow

We're taking our adult daughters (and my oldest daughter's husband) on a ski trip to Vermont this year. They only have Epic Local passes. Is it feasible to do both Okemo and Mt. Snow in one trip? It seems these resorts are one hour apart. Would you stay at one vs the other and why? Or would...
  7. artistinsuburbia

Deer Valley announces massive expansion

I'm so excited for this!!! Deer Valley is one of my favorites! Planning a trip already that year!!
  8. artistinsuburbia

Big Changes at TheSkiDiva!

Wow! CONGRATULATIONS to both of you! I've learned so much on here from the amazing women here and so many I do have great respect and admiration for. Thank you @ski diva, without you I'd never have learned to fit my own skis and not listen to the "boys" tell me what I needed, try new things...
  9. artistinsuburbia

The weather in the East STINKS right now!

I skied Copper last year. Fun mountain. And you can hit up A Basin while you're there or Breck or Keystone or Loveland...
  10. artistinsuburbia

Flights cancelations everywhere. What are your experiences?

We had 6 of us traveling from Pittsburgh to Denver get cancelled on Southwest with no options to rebook in a timely enough fashion to make our reservations. We packed up the cars and put the Yakima on top and 32 hours later were in Breckenridge. I was not losing my VRBO rental money. LOL
  11. artistinsuburbia

Ski recommendations - midwest and westcoast

I ride the 2016 BP88 here in Western PA (400-700 ft vert of ice slush & mud lol) and I take them with me when I travel west. Just skied three days in Breck on powder and I LOVE THEM still. I find them to be a very versatile ski as I can carve in ice pretty well on them too (I also keep them...
  12. artistinsuburbia

How'd you find TheSkiDiva.com?

find the thread on bootfitters. You will not regret finding a good quality bootfitter. Marry the boots, date the skis as we always say. Your experience will be so different if you invest in a pair of your own boots upfront, especially if you are a hard to fit foot type.
  13. artistinsuburbia

How many days have you skied so far?

3 and only because we still drove 23 hours to Breckenridge after southwest cancelled our flights. Our home mountains here in PA were doing well and the rain this week is killing them. So probably won't get any more turns in until Jan 17th when I head back to colorado to ski Beavercreek and Vail
  14. artistinsuburbia

What age can baby start skiing?

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, it depends on the kid. When my oldest two were 5 & 3 we put them on skis. (our mountain gave season passes for the under 5 set for $25 at the time!) The five year old loved it and the 3 year old did not. We didn't push but wanted them both to have...
  15. artistinsuburbia

Multi-resort passes for 2022-23: Ikon, Epic, Indy etc.

We've had Ikon the past two seasons. Still haven't used this years because Flurona struck in December and lung capacity was not up to skiing for the hubby. Hopefully make up for lost time here in April. But I digress, probably switching to Epic since vail just bought all of my local...
  16. artistinsuburbia

Mid-Atlantic/Southeast skiing (PA, NJ, DC, MD, VA, WV, NC) for 2021-22

Still waiting on final word from Vail, but the rumor is that there will be a local epic pass that covers Vail owned resorts in PA. They have shut down Hidden Valley & Laurel Mountain for the season and have begun the transition here in Western PA. Seven Springs still running on white ribbons...
  17. artistinsuburbia

Trip to Park City questions

We stayed in Deer Valley this past spring. It's a spendy place but worth it! LOVE IT THERE. We used Black Tie Ski Rental and were very pleased with them. They brought us different skis each night as conditions warranted and my hubby's desires to try different skis changed. They concierge...
  18. artistinsuburbia

Vail Does It Again

that's what they are all afraid of. My daughter works in the marketing department...they all think that they are gone at the end of this season.
  19. artistinsuburbia

Vail Does It Again

they're going after cleveland, columbus, baltimore, and DC markets in addition to Pittsburgh as to servicing these resorts in their marketing plan. And the Pirates are major league baseball BTW :smile:
  20. artistinsuburbia

Vail Does It Again

these are my home mountains. The Nutting ownership has barely maintained status quo here. He's stripped any activity at Hidden Valley in favor of running all events through seven springs. Maintenance. That's all they do. just kept it alive enough to be attractive to sell. AND Nutting got...