• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. floridakeysskibum

Best Women's Ski Clinics?

Currently barb and I will stay at edelweiss we drive from Denver and sightsee/ski along the way to and from :)
  2. floridakeysskibum

Best Women's Ski Clinics?

Taos!! Im planning on another women’s ski week for 2025. this year I will break 20+ days, and because of Taos ski weeks/private lessons my skills have really improved (+ canting my boots)
  3. floridakeysskibum

TR Alta April 4-19, 2024, spring skiing with a powder storm

It’s been a blast! Headed to Alta lodge for elk dinner tonight, flying out Saturday am to Lake Tahoe for another week of skiing :). Hope my cold/swollen face will dissipate soon!!
  4. floridakeysskibum

When I rode the Wilbere lift for the last time, went up Gadzoom, I could see the excavator next to the mid-gad building already on Sunday. Construction will probably start today. Everything was roped off and it looked vacant inside. It will look very different in the next couple of years.
  5. floridakeysskibum

I’m going g to assume that the tunnel will be open until Alta closes, because of the snow fall. Then the tunnel may be open just on weekends if Alta extends, and they have staff that stayed over.
  6. floridakeysskibum

Yeah! Can’t wait to see you guys. I started packing today :)
  7. floridakeysskibum

SkiTalks Demo Clearance

Where’s the fun size skis??? Haha
  8. floridakeysskibum

Taos 2023-24, conditions and latest upgrades at TSV

I’ll be around in the am. Barb is meeting her lesson in the morning and working on skills on the bunny hill. I’ll meet with her after her class to practice with her in the afternoon. I also want to work my on skills too :) our class has decided to call off Tuesday and do a double lesson on Wednesday
  9. floridakeysskibum

Taos 2023-24, conditions and latest upgrades at TSV

Janice, are you in a class with barb Okamoto from Denver? If so, she’s my roommate!!
  10. floridakeysskibum

Women's ski week at Taos

Ok, I’ll come down in a bit. Barb will have her lesson on the magic carpet ride to do skill drills.
  11. floridakeysskibum

Women's ski week at Taos

Lift one is on wind hold. Not sure how to get to the whistle stop without taking lift one??
  12. floridakeysskibum

Women's ski week at Taos

I didn’t read the meet up time until later in the afternoon. And we went back to the condo to take a layer off because it was so warm.
  13. floridakeysskibum

Women's ski week at Taos

Shall we try to all meet up at some point? We are staying in edelweiss …
  14. floridakeysskibum

Women's ski week at Taos

Oh Pam! I was in your group this morning. Are you moving into another class?
  15. floridakeysskibum

Women's ski week at Taos

We didn’t get up here until 7 pm sat I’m in purple jacket white helmet (with little orange tag from a previous diva week years ago) and blue bibs
  16. floridakeysskibum

Women's ski week at Taos

I recall checking in at the ski school down at the base, getting a receipt, then directed when/where to meet. Have you signed your waiver online?
  17. floridakeysskibum

Women's ski week at Taos

I fly into Denver Wednesday afternoon, drive down to Santa Fe Thursday for two nights. Staying at the inn of the governors. Skiing Santa Fe Friday, shop the square sat am. Eat lunch then head up to edelweiss for check in sat. Maybe ski sat afternoon in Taos depending how late we are.
  18. floridakeysskibum

Diva West @ Steamboat, Trip Report and Photos

I liked morning side for when the bumps were soft then played in the trees for a couple of runs. Then off to flying z trees for a longer run.
  19. floridakeysskibum

How many skis to own?

I liked the kenja 88 for hard pack. They are grippy. And then they can plow through Sierra cement & spring slush. I demo the prodigy, and they are more of a bump ski for me. I did not like them on the hard pack icy groomers at all. They definitely chattered, and my feet were vibrating!! Ugh I...
  20. floridakeysskibum

Women's ski week at Taos

Same!