• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. snoWYmonkey

Best Women's Ski Clinics?

There are usually 2 in Jackson Hole. One in January and another in March. Intermediate through expert abilities.
  2. snoWYmonkey

Starting skiing later in life

I admit to disliking skiing under chairs as I know for a fact that they have eyes....lol. How do I know? The dreaded "are you open to feedback" question in the locker room. Actually, it is pretty cool, and equally nerve wracking for me. Since there are plenty of show offs who ski the powder...
  3. snoWYmonkey

Mixed level group lessons- yea or nay?

It depends on a lot of factors, including goals for the day, and patience levels. As an instructor we can absolutely find very challenging drills for the advanced skiers to practice on a green, and have them lap us as we work with the slower wedging beginners. I have had very successful mixed...
  4. snoWYmonkey

Days you’ve been on snow 2023-2024

Season totals 68 plus employee ski day when I get my lifetime pass will make a low year of 69 lift served days total. May add a few days at another hill. Better then last year when I broke my pelvis in January. 2 short ski tours, and 2 days of nordic as well. All put together 73 will likely...
  5. snoWYmonkey

Surge in CA ski accidents links to weed, GoPros, and selfies.

Maybe if both parties are hospitalized?
  6. snoWYmonkey

@MissySki It seems that the key is to know oneself well enough and then do the smart and safe thing. I don't tolerate cannabis at all as it leads to paranoia for me and even half a drink and I can not ski at all because I consume at most 2 drinks a month. I get so disheartened by the booze...
  7. snoWYmonkey

Sometimes the side of a trail is the safe place to stop but not always. The code only stipulates to not impede on traffic and be visible. Many faster skiers prefer to pass on the far edges making them the least safe spot to stop. This is especially true in areas where there is a lot of off piste...
  8. snoWYmonkey

Skiing on the cheap, '23-'24

To my knowledge they have been offering it for a few years, even last winter when we had non stop powder early season and the whole mountain was open. I may be wrong but I seem to recall that this winter they ended up extending the dates because of the weird start to the season.
  9. snoWYmonkey

How do you feel about people leavings their skis on the ground outside the lodge?

Where I ski, I see it mostly where there are literally no racks in front of the least expensive pizza slice joint at the base. Other times are when the racks are full, but even then I see people stacking their skis against other people's skis. Sometimes the groms drop their skis on the snow en...
  10. snoWYmonkey

Skiing while pregnant - late season European resorts

@Amie H Thank you for sharing your story. There are no hug emojis, which is what I wish I could send through the internet for you and the previous women who posted on here. It sounds like for the moments in the waves are hopefully a sweet memory you can carry with you.
  11. snoWYmonkey

@lisamamot I am sorry for your struggles. As a former OBGYN hospital RN I have cared for families with losses and difficult outcomes, and can not begin to imagine the level of pain add suffering. I think most of the 'should' suggestions here focus on women finding the best approach to their...
  12. snoWYmonkey

Narrower longer skis for powder?

@floatingyardsale My personal approach has always been to love the potential powder ski on groomers. Meaning I test it out on days with maybe some crud left off piste, but take it into bumps and groomers as I need to like the ski in that type of situation, since as you said, that will be the...
  13. snoWYmonkey

Narrower longer skis for powder?

Whatever ski you have now, but longer, will provide more flotation, but may also be harder to turn, especially releasing out of a turn. If you do find a soft snow specific ski for powder that is still narrow underfoot it will likely be much softer and wider in the tip ans tail, so most likely...
  14. snoWYmonkey

Are Hotronic batteries interchangeable? Lost one

Oh no! I am so sorry.
  15. snoWYmonkey

Are Hotronic batteries interchangeable? Lost one

The basic models have the s4 battery that is not linkable to a phone. There are newer batteries that work woth socks and boot heaters that are phone controllable. If you still.have the one battery it will be easy to just look at it to get a replacement. They look different. Check ebay for...
  16. snoWYmonkey

I live in a town where most women ski well into their 7th and even 8th month of pregnancy, including some big back country tours. It is a personal choice and just living with snow and ice on roads that we walk and drive on is a risk. For many women skiing is almost safer than the walking or...
  17. snoWYmonkey

Hello! Advice for an advancing beginner?

First of all, congrats! You have a partner who sounds supportive and you are skiing 500 vert in one go. Know that even at resorts with thousands of vertical feet of elevation drop, the majority of skiers take a lot of breaks and only a few have the stamina to do a whole long run in one go. For...
  18. snoWYmonkey

How wide of a powder ski should I demo?

I love my 106 Stella QST and it was my only ski for 12 days in Japan, and I normally opt for narrow carvers unless there really is powder to be enjoyed. My students loved the Sheeva 10s in moderate pow amd she's not a powder skier.so the 11s are probably a blast.
  19. snoWYmonkey

Osteoporosis and skiing

I am 55 with severe osteopenia, liekly.from life long steroid use for asthma. Never thought too much of it until I had a fairly mild fall on ice onto my hip at slow speed on a blue run last winter. The head of the femur must have been pushed quite hard into my pelvis as I cracked one bone on...
  20. snoWYmonkey

Certification

@Magnatude Was it 5 days of examination? The US system typically requires a few days of prep clinics before the 2 days of testing. There is/was, a written test, plus skiing, movement analysis, and teaching skills, all being evaluated for the 2 day exam. They are standardizing the actual scoring...