• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. Sherry

So I'm afraid of hills...

I did the same thing. There are days when skiing big hills is just too much...too much ice, too much fog, etc. Then tele skiing is just the thing. Since I am just learning, it is pretty much like starting over. So it's on the greens and blues. I'm a Tele-granny.
  2. Sherry

Tips for intermediates over 40 planning to ski until 70+

While I learned to "ski" as a teenager, it wasn't until I was into my 50s that I took it seriously. Now, late in my 60s I ski better than ever. I can ski about anything. Some things look better than others! My advice: Stay fit. Ski often and long. back-to-back days are better for improving...
  3. Sherry

Question: need unbiased help on skis

It is true you can demo skis from manufacturers when they have demo days. IF that is one of your ski days. If you aren't there on that day you're stuck with renting from a shop. Often different shops carry different brands so you may want to go from place to place. Over a season, if you ski...
  4. Sherry

Volkl Attiva Fuego

Sounds good to me. I bought a pair of the Fuegos at a ski sale a few months ago. Needless to say, I have yet to ski them. I was looking for something new and since they were rentals, I can lend them to friends who come up to ski. I'm 5'5" 125lbs and a black diamond girl. I'm a little...
  5. Sherry

Question: need unbiased help on skis

Demo for a year While demo skis can be a bit more costly, unless you are logging a ton of days, try using someone else's skis. You will find, even at your level that there are some real differences. Buy some poles, you have boots, so it shouldn't be too much. Then at the end of the season...
  6. Sherry

Snow is now falling in UT

Snow in UT I was hiking this weekend at 9000 and there was not a breath of snow. Alta is further up the canyon so maybe they have snow. We had a dusting early this morning, but is was gone before my coffee was. It is definitely time to start thinking about snow. It was 30 degrees.:clap:
  7. Sherry

Scariest lifts?

We have safety bars here in UT. Mostly the lifts aren't all that scary and people don't fall off so they don't get used a lot. In fact, on a still day they can be a pain, especially with a rookie on board who forgets how to get his skiis off the rests or forgets to raise it.
  8. Sherry

Scariest lifts?

What the..? in Whistler Blackcomb I no longer remember the name, but it goes quite high (for the area) over an abyss and looks like you are going to slam into the face of the cliff. I couldn't look up, forward or down. I just shut my eyes and said a prayer.