• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. S

Anyone have Icelantic Maiden Experience?

I bought last year's Maiden 91 with the bumble bee graphic. I have to say, even though I love my Black Crows Vertis and Artis and may still hold on to them, since I've been skiing on the Maidens I haven't touch my other skis. These skis are awesome! They are so confidence inspiring. I love...
  2. S

Considering switching from short skis to big skis - advice

I have to say that I think you can go alot longer. At 5'3 and 113 lbs. my shortest ski is a 160. My longest is a 163.
  3. S

Volkl Kenja 2013 (preview)

I demoed the 2013 Kenja along with five other skis. My favorite of all was the Kenja. It was just absolutely stunning in the bumps. It was an extension of my feet - wherever I wanted to turn it would. And at the end of a long bump run my legs were not on fire. Every other ski I tried in the...
  4. S

Decision time - Pandora or S7w???

To answer your question regarding brakes. For my Pandoras I had to get wider brakes than the standard width. I was lucky because the shop had an extra pair so they swapped them out without charge. Thanks for your good wishes for my knee. I skiied over the Thanksgiving holiday. All went well...
  5. S

Well, I have to tell you that I have the bindings I have because last year I torn my ACL ... for the second time! So I talked to my bootfitter (Michael at Outdoor Divas) and asked him if there was a binding that could mitigate ACL tears. He recommended the Knee Binding. So I've switched all...
  6. S

I have the Pandora from the year before with the fish on the topsheet. I found it to be a really fun ski. Very quick for such a wide waist at 115. Obviously great in the powder - what little I could find last year. As much as I like the Pandora and am very, very glad I have it in my quiver...
  7. S

Second Acl Replacement Anyone?

The nightmare begins. Tore my ACL on Sunday. Had it totally replaced in 2006. Has anyone gone through a second ACL replacement surgery? The event was not pretty, but I can say that at least I tore it on a doubleblack on my 22nd day this season. The first time I tore my ACL was in January...
  8. S

Idiot Bashing Thread

This thread seems to have covered everything I can think of. The thing is that we've all experienced everything that everyone else has said, I'm sure. I have to add one more idiotic thing I saw. I'm standing in line at the base lift at Heavenly. It's President's Day weekend at the base lift...
  9. S

I am going to kill my husband.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one! My husband is terrible. We usually leave after work on Friday nite. The only thing, and I mean THE ONLY THING, he has to do is get his bag ready. I get myself packed and a bag for my two dogs (dry food, wet food, vitamins, treats, poop bags, etc.), load...
  10. S

First Tracks for the 2012 Season

Six days as of December 26th - but where's the powder!!!
  11. S

Am I a ski snob?

I totally agree with everyone. Some people shouldn't be on a ski hill. I think good manners and showing courtesy to others in general has been in decline for some time. I know I sound like an old nag, but I'm turning 56 - wow, I can't even imagine that I'm that age ... Anyway, I've see...
  12. S

Awful Boot Pain Issue

I have been in Lange and Dalbello boots. And, like you, things started off pretty good, but over time "issues" have cropped up. To be fair, I also had foot surgery on my left foot so that really caused even more problems since now my left foot is so much different from my right. I did not...
  13. S

Ski houses vs. mountain hopping

I have never done a "ski house" but I think it's all about who you share it with. I was lucky enough to get out of the California real estate market before the big crash when I moved to Colorado. Our strategy was instead of having a big house in Denver, we bought a smallish 1920's bungalow in...
  14. S

Pick a run - any run - and it's ????

Milky Way Bowl at Heavenly, Lake Tahoe - no one there, steep, great snow - it was perfection. Whales Tail off the Imperial Chair at Breckenridge The bumps on Birds of Prey, Beaver Creek All memorable, yum!!!
  15. S

Preparing for 2011-2012 Season!

I am definitely tired of warm weather. It was fun for a while, but am ready for cold and snow!!! Haven't done anything purposeful yet, but I am regularly walking my dogs. Somewhat regular at the gym - working on my legs and core by doing squats with free weight and ab crunches whenever I go...
  16. S

Anyone get an end of season deal ('11)?

I will definitely post a review - just wish it could be sooner than next season - the Pandoras will have to wait until then. However, Arapahoe Basin here in Colorado is predicting they expect to be open in June as we have gotten some killer storms this month.
  17. S

Anyone get an end of season deal ('11)?

I really really wanted a pair of super fat skis as I was at Lake Tahoe with pow up to my knees and finally saw the light - powder skiing is now my new love - although I will always have a soft spot for bumps. My friends are total fans of the Moment brand and I can understand but I did some...
  18. S

Who has their season pass for 10/11?

Upgraded from the Colorado Pass to the Epic Pass. Upgraded maily because have friends in Reno and plan on skiing Heavenly at Lake Tahoe with them this year. But the added bonus is that the Epic Pass has no black out dates and unlimited days at Vail and Beaver Creekl!!!!
  19. S

Getting through the off season

I usually do a lot of hiking with my dogs, Champ and Jackson. We have a condo a couple of miles from Keystone in Summit County so we try to do things at the condo. Although I hate to see the end of ski season, my dogs are really happy because they don't have to spend the day in the condo while...
  20. S

Love is a slippery slope.

When I first met my husband, I was separated and not really looking for a new relationship. But we talked a bit and I found out he was a skiier, I thought he was worth investigating. After all, I met him in San Diego and finding someone who likes to ski is a real find! Anyway, 15 years later...