• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. Elangirl

Apex Boots

I did finally find a pair to try on, but they seemed soft---asked Apex and the men's and women's boots are identical. so, would get the all mountain model. I also tried a Full Tilt Soul sister---it seemed to be a little longer than the dalbello, but it was so soft, I am not sure I could ski...
  2. Elangirl

Full Tilt Soul Sisters v. Dalbello Krypton Storm Id

That was what I noticed about the Full Tilt Soul Sister, they just seemed so soft even with the Intuitution liner
  3. Elangirl

Apex Boots for narrow feet?

I was also going to buy the all mountain Apex boot as the women's model seemed very soft to me. I have a problem with boots. I need a three buckle boot because when I wear a four buckle boot, buckles two and three collide when I flex. I love the Dalbello, but I swim in the 25 and the 24.5 is...
  4. Elangirl

Thank you so much, that is what I was afraid of when I looked at them. I have low volume feet and skinny ankles and calves. There is a boot "tongue" that you can buy at ski shops. It will give you more volume int he front of the boot.
  5. Elangirl

Apex Boots

Has anyone tried Apex Boots? how were they skiing?
  6. Elangirl

PSIA just did a review where they recommended Apex boots to ski instructors. I tried on a pair that a friend had, but they seemed really wide. Is there really only one woman's boot? I live in Montana read "rural" so there is no dealer within 200 miles. I currently wear Dalbello Chaktras---...
  7. Elangirl

Recommendations for snow pants that don't make you feel fat?

I have a pair of descents I have worn for years---they are expensive but worth every penny. They are a soft fabric that drapes well---they have shorts!! yay and longs. I don't remember the name but I think they cost around $400 10 years ago when I bought them, but they are still my go to pants.
  8. Elangirl

Warmest ski mittens?

I am a huge fan of the Hestra Heli mitts. I have worn them for years---the warmest mitts I own. I even have a pair of the Heli gloves for spring skiing.
  9. Elangirl

Dalbello boot model most similar to Krypton Storm?

I am pretty sure the Storm was replaced by the Krypton Krysma. I have Chakra's also, they are a step down in stiffness from the Krysma. Also, the Krypton boots are about a 1/2 inch higher on the calf. That is the main reason I switched to the Chakra's as I am short!! I love these boots since...
  10. Elangirl

How much do Intuition (or some other) liners improve fit?

I have low volume feet--am in a Dalbello with a 98 mm forefoot. I bought Intuition liners five years ago and I will never go back to stock liners. I love them. They fill up my boots for my skinny calves and make the boot a little stiffer too. They are warmer and once they are molded properly...
  11. Elangirl

Goggles that don't fog my glasses?

I went throught his problem too. I finally ordered some perscription insers from Sport RX who were great and really helpful. Then i ordered the Smith Phernom goggles with a fan. So far, this system has been great for me. I do have the problem at lunch that I don't see very well...
  12. Elangirl

Do you ski opening day?

I love opening day!! This year it was awesome--the entire mountian is open except for the big bowls. I loved it, great coverage, sunny day, I went down a bump run covered in a foot of powder!! What a great way to begin the year.
  13. Elangirl

There IS life after knee replacement!

I had one knee replaced in 2009 and the second one replaced in April 2010!! i also ski anywhere I want to ski--both last year and this year. I am amazed at how much better my balance is this year. My boss was amazed when he saw me ski---I really do have better form. What a relief---six...
  14. Elangirl

Question: Lessons, season programs and tipping

I live in Montana where the pay and tips are probably less than NJ. but, when i teach a program--I ahve a group of women who ski for 8 weeks with me, we ski all day. Most of them give me aobut $40 at the end of the session and I am very grateful for that. For kids programs, i would only tip...
  15. Elangirl

Pro form through shop: What should I expect?

He should start by looking on his national registry website--for us it is Professional Skiers of America. Many of the companies have pro forms provided on their websites. There has been so much abuse of the pro programs that most manufacturers will not sell directily to the pro any longer...
  16. Elangirl

Atomic Heaven's Gate

I bought these skis used--they are 2009. I had to review them though because they are so much fun!! I used them on a hard snow day yesterday and i have not had so much fun in a long while. The skis are awesome--I am using them short--I am 5'3" have a 150 but they are a carving dream. I was...
  17. Elangirl

Dalbello Krypton Kryzma Boots (2010)

This year I ordered a Storm instead of the Krysma--just to try them out. I was amazed at the difference--I just did not like the flex pattern as much on the storm. I am 5'3" weight about 150 (gulp) and am very strong. i put the new liners in my old Krysmas and took off!! I really love this...
  18. Elangirl

Ultralight down vests

I have a Patagonia down sweater and a Marmot vest---but, my Mountain Hardware down sweater is sooooo much lighter than either of them. Someone stole my Mt. hardware last winter---i am ready to order another one, they are awesome.
  19. Elangirl

Rental Boot Hell- Maybe I'm just not a skier?

I am a ski instructor--last year, my bootfitter forgot my boots and I had to ski a day in rental boots---yuck!!! I have thin, low volume feet and nothing fit--I finally had to slop around in rental boots that were too stiff. So, I would check it out at local stores--I have seen boots for...
  20. Elangirl

Low volume foot boot saga

I also have low volume feet---I have tried to wear Lange's, but the last few years they changed their last to 100mm and I am looking for a 97,mm. I finally found Dalbello boots---I wear the Krysma which is the stiffist boot---the Storm is the next boot down. I love them---they have three...