• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. VickiK

Best Women's Ski Clinics?

+1 for the Taos ski week
  2. VickiK

Useful Life - Skis

What a great deal.
  3. VickiK

Useful Life - Skis

Could you get creative with stickers?
  4. VickiK

DPS Phantom base treatment, how to avoid waxing recreational skis - Notes 2020

My go-to shop in Mammoth offers a $30 "Future Wax", which I believe is infrared hot waxing. The technology apparently does this: "The wax penetrates particularly deeply into the base and lasts significantly longer. Skiers or snowboarders benefit from optimal gliding properties on the slopes for...
  5. VickiK

Certification

Congratulations! :ski2:
  6. VickiK

Heart Rate Monitors

It makes sense. I just did an inventory of my sports bras. There are 3 where the under-boob strap is uncomfortably tight. I'll take them out of rotation!
  7. VickiK

New Mexico 2024

Ditto!
  8. VickiK

Utah LCC/BCC April 2024 conditions - Alta, Snowbird, Solitude, Brighton

Have fun, ski safe, and enjoy the spring days!
  9. VickiK

I'm a Pants Slut!

@diymom there's that, yes. I'd be annoyed if it's too loud.
  10. VickiK

Between Seasons Storage

I've never had a problem leaving the DINs alone. Am trying to be more careful in general with my equipment: - Wipe off any moisture after a ski trip to prevent rust - Use straps & old tube socks for security & protection - Store upright in ski bag (I don't do a summer storage wax) - Buckle...
  11. VickiK

I'm a Pants Slut!

It might NOT be the most flattering style for my body type, but I find the current wide leg trend very comfortable in street and lounge clothes, so why not ski pants I guess.
  12. VickiK

What to watch? (need streaming series suggestions)

The King: Eternal Monarch would be right up your alley, @Olesya Chornoguz — fantasy + action + rom-com.
  13. VickiK

Also, NBC's streaming channel, Peacock, is showing the Chinese version, a completely separate production from what I watched. I forgot another program on Netflix that is excellent: Boy Swallows Universe. It's kinda crazy, a lot charming, mysterious, sad, and wondrous, all in one show.
  14. VickiK

Remember Ski Ballet?

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1855230438272788 So nice!
  15. VickiK

More recommendations: Netflix has One Day. The plot is similar to the 2011 film of the same name, except it's a series. Also, 3 Body Problem. Intriguing sci-fi, lots of science stuff; flashbacks to the Cultural Revolution in China move character development and plot forward.
  16. VickiK

Surge in CA ski accidents links to weed, GoPros, and selfies.

I had exactly the same experience at a huge, flat juncture area where 3 large green trails merge. There were lots of people hanging around, and there was a big orange Slow sign right there, which alone would tell one to be cautious. I was standing on the right edge of the trail, when a kid...
  17. VickiK

I'm a Pants Slut!

Pantaloons! Such a great word. I would've dated myself in calling them MC Hammer pants.
  18. VickiK

Your Oddest Airplane Seatmate

Not oddest, but most intriguing. On the flight home from Dublin, a VGL (very good looking) man and I chatted about this & that. He was from New Zealand, owned a winery, lived on it... made it sound like the wine in NZ was really up & coming. This was 20 years ago, so you know he left an...
  19. VickiK

Maven 93C’s or BP88?

I have the original BP88's, and they gave me considerable feedback from the snow. But they changed over the years, and I think are now more damp. It could be that they were changed to be more damp, and then a few years later changed again to be less damp? Best thing would be to demo them...