• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. cwmscm

Side Foot Pain from Boot

Ok I also have Rossignol boots and they may well be the Sensor but I am not sure. They were last season demo boots but barely demoed. I did demo them but I would not be able to tell at that time that I have this side pain problem because it was just a bit of a toe squeeze issue. Tell me what...
  2. cwmscm

Side Foot Pain from Boot

Litterbug, thank you for your insight. What kind of boots do you have? I visited the boot fitter almost everyday that I went skiing and each boot fitter was responsive. I always entered the shop despondent and had hope when I left the shop. Later in the afternoon my feet would start to hurt...
  3. cwmscm

Side Foot Pain from Boot

Thank you for all your suggestions. What makes me feel desperate about this situation is that I have been to two reputable boot fitters several times and I did get custom footbeds. My left foot is a little wide but not radically different from the right foot. Yes the boots are great except...
  4. cwmscm

Side Foot Pain from Boot

Skiing this season in new boots, I've had foot pain on the outside of the left foot only. Around two in the afternoon or earlier if there was a lot of time standing in line, the pain would prevent me from skiing because I couldn't put pressure on the side of the foot. I've discovered that even...
  5. cwmscm

4 days, 4 resorts THIS WKEND in Utah

I was wondering if anyone who has gone to Utah to do a ski trip like the one posted has any suggestions on a good reasonably priced place to stay and whether renting a car is essential or is it possible to use some type of public transport? I'd love to do a trip like this one.
  6. cwmscm

Ski Confessions :) ...Just for fun...

I don't like to ski in the cold and my new boots hurt my feet.
  7. cwmscm

World's Scariest Ski Trails?

I've skied Als Run, Goat and Paradise. I would say Goat and Paradise are scary because they are often covered with ice and filled with hidden with rocks and other obstacles.
  8. cwmscm

Tux Redux

Yes, that would have been great! I wish I'd known you were there. Really impressive that you did this in one day!
  9. cwmscm

Tux Redux

I was there too. I got Dan Egan to be my guide and we hiked up to the snowfields and down the headwall. Center gully I think (not sure). I am still buzzing. Really worth it to go with someone who is really knowledgeable and experienced at Mount Washington.
  10. cwmscm

Male or female instructors? Any difference?

The gender does not matter to me but I do like the instructor to have a good sense of humor and to laugh a lot.
  11. cwmscm

I am now the proud owner of ...

Congratulations. I love to tele even though I think I am stuck in a rut on my tele turns. I like to do half day down hill and half day tele. I actually learned my first tele turns at Abasin! Have fun. You will be amazed at how difficult those greens and blues become on tele skis!
  12. cwmscm

Questions for Santa Fe/Taos divas

If skiing is not so good you might want to check out the hot springs/spa called Ojo Caliente a little way out of Santa Fe. Bandelier is also a great spot to visit.
  13. cwmscm

Questions for Santa Fe/Taos divas

Taos is the best place to ski in NM, although Santa Fe can be nice for a half day morning and then go do something in Town during the afternoon. Parajito is small but I have heard very nice things about it and it sounds affordable. You should be prepared to ski in cold weather even if it is...
  14. cwmscm

Taos Ski Valley has New Snow

I love Taos. I like it cause it is steep with good bump runs and there are some big dramatic storms. The scenery is beautiful and the skiing relatively cheap. I can find a pretty nice house to rent for a reasonable place and there are fun places to visit and things to do besides skiing. I...
  15. cwmscm

broken big toenail

This happened to me recently. I let the nail get pretty unhinged and then ripped it off. What a relief.
  16. cwmscm

I'm such a Jacket Slut!

Guess I should join this thread since I just bought my third black jacket for cold and skiing. An Orage that was half price just called out to me. I could not turn it down.
  17. cwmscm

Chile 2011---on my bucket list

Would love to but it is not likely to happen. My family believes that summer is for enjoying summer not for enjoying winter sports. I think there is no reason that skiing should not be summer sport too. Hope it works out for others.
  18. cwmscm

Looking Towards Winter...

I love summertime but I can't help wondering what kind of winter we are going to have in 2010/2011, or how much skiing I'll be doing. In short, skiing is still in the back of my mind.
  19. cwmscm

Have you opted out of Spokeo?

apparently I am a bit older than I thought. Better to opt out I think.
  20. cwmscm

Workouts to improve...

I've also heard although I don't know if it is true that learning to dance can help you with getting quick feet.