• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. Consuela

New ride!!

Congrats! Enduro is a sweet ride!
  2. Consuela

Pre-season conditioning.

Anyone try this Total Skiing Fitness course? https://www.totalskiingfitness.com Thoughts?
  3. Consuela

Question: Boots for Snowshoeing?

Thanks all! Guess I'll start with some snow boots. Kind of in need of them anyways. Jilly, any reasons you picked the Columbia Bugaboot over the Sorel Carabou?
  4. Consuela

Question: Boots for Snowshoeing?

Hi All, I realize Snowshoeing isn't skiing, but wasn't sure quite where to place my question. So, feel free to move it. For those that regularly snowshoe, what are your thoughts about using Cross Country ski boots? :eyebrows: Trying to be forward thinking.. 1 gear for 2 purposes... but...
  5. Consuela

Summer Reading

Just finished "The Enchanted April" and "The Other Queen". Now starting "To Say Nothing of the Dog". Time travel anyone?
  6. Consuela

Diva Week '10: Tahoe!

Very exciting! We are usually up at KW for a few weekdays during that week. So, may get a chance to meet up.
  7. Consuela

Eating for a century

Hi Rachel, How'd the century go? Cheers, Connie-Consuela
  8. Consuela

what do you know of timeshares?

Hi GreekPeak, Sorry for your loss. :hug: +1 on abc's comment about buying used and comparing annual fee to lodging cost, as long as it's a place you would want to go to every year. Cheers, Connie-Consuela
  9. Consuela

Gym workouts to prepare for next season?

I really like James Wilson's Dumb Bell Combo workout. I've gotten better results from this than when I used to just wander from machine to machine and can actually spend less time in the gym. I do this only twice per week. While it's main audience is mountain bikers, I found it crosses over to...
  10. Consuela

What's the best advice you ever got from your mother?

"Measure twice, cut once."
  11. Consuela

Eating for a century

I'll let the pros weigh in on this idea, but something I picked up from MTBR and now love for longer rides is PB&J on flour tortillas. Fold them in quarters and you can easily pack two per ziplock baggie. They don't squish in your pack, taste yummy, and are easy to eat on the go. I use...
  12. Consuela

The Amazing Race

Oh come on, he did the pedicure... hahahaha :wink:Margie is awesome! I had mixed emotions about Jen and Kecia. The one thing I can say is that Kecia is a pretty cool big sis'. She got Jen back in the water to "finish strong" and her response to the bathroom insident was very cool. They had...
  13. Consuela

It's Volklgirl's birthday!!!!

Happy, happy birthday!
  14. Consuela

Summer movies 2009

+1 Star Trek
  15. Consuela

I just signed up for camp!

Camp Report I attended my first MTB Camp ever two days ago. I did the 1 day camp in Santa Cruz. (The weekend camp sold out in 3 days of registration opening.) www.dirtseries.com What a great time! We had 3 skill sessions in the morning and then an afternoon ride to practice what we...
  16. Consuela

Any Hockey fans out there?

Sharks are out... What in the world happened there?
  17. Consuela

Sun Screen while you bike

Ugh! My Cool Wings were supposed to arrive yesterday and they are still not here! Wanted them for last night's and tomorrow morning's rides. This must be how the jacket sluts feel waiting for the UPS man. :drool:
  18. Consuela

My 2009 race season has started!

PS. Very cool photo series above. Love the way it shows you looking into the curve as you come around.
  19. Consuela

My 2009 race season has started!

Hooray! Excellent work! We went to Sea Otter on Sunday. It would have been fun to meet up with you some time after your race, but I didn't know if we were going for sure until late the night before. Anyway, we saw the Women's Pro DH and a good chunk of the Men's Pro DH, some Dual Stunt...
  20. Consuela

Sun Screen while you bike

:bump: While some are still skiing, we just had our first patch of 90 degree days here. And, of course, I was caught out mtb'ing on Saturday without sunscreen. With my biker tan already off to a good start for the year, I am just now finally ordering my De Soto Arm Coolers after first...