• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Most Hyped Ski You've Hated

Polly

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So here's the flip side to the thread, Least Hyped Ski You've Loved.

Have you ever tried a ski that's received all sorts of accolades, yet you just couldn't feel the love?

For me, it was the (gasp) Black Pearls. I tried them a few years ago, and just couldn't connect.

Of course, your ski choice is your own personal preference. What works for one person doesn't necessarily work for another, and that's what makes this so interesting.

So what about you?

Black Pearl 78 2018... Turned like a dream. Very stable. Great edgehold. Felt like 2x4s strapped to my feet. Heavy. Dampening. Boring, no “pop” and not much fun. I was shocked and sad. I’m loving the Volkl Yumis.

klkaye

Diva in Training
Oh man, I skied on the ~2008 K2 Lotta Luv for several years (given to me for free) and hated them so much. Quads burning, felt sometimes out of control, and no fun. Funny because I remember them being "the ski" everyone had for a bit (at least where I ski).

I am a heavier and aggressive skier and I LOVE LOVE LOVE my lotta luvs. They are truly old at this point, and I know I need a new ski (plus they are heavy to carry) but I am having a hard time letting these go. (I also have burning luvs that I used to casually race on.)

I also have the nordica nemesis. I like them a lot, too. I don't ski them regularly even though I know a lot of ski wide skis daily. I read that it's proven really hard on the knees. So, I default to the lotta luvs because I can carve on the groomed stuff, hold an edge on the firm stuff and still have fun in new snow or crud.

Any suggestions for a fun new ski for me?

klkaye

Diva in Training
The lotta luv is 78mm waist. I have the nordica nemesis which is 98mm waist. I like having two different skis like this.

I looked up the other skis and their dimensions
tough luv: 88mm waist
black pearl: 88mm waist
aura: 100mm waist

So, what I really need to find is a new ski that's beefy but waist is 78-80mm. Any ideas?

marzNC

Angel Diva
The lotta luv is 78mm waist. I have the nordica nemesis which is 98mm waist. I like having two different skis like this.

I looked up the other skis and their dimensions
tough luv: 88mm waist
black pearl: 88mm waist
aura: 100mm waist

So, what I really need to find is a new ski that's beefy but waist is 78-80mm. Any ideas?
You could try to BP78. When Blizzard reworked the line, the original Black Pearl became the BP88, the Cheyenne became the BP78, and the Samba became the BP98. I had the One Luv but moved away from K2 as I learned more what was fun for me as a petite skier. Must say that the K2 skis I've demo'd in recent years (Alta Demo Day) have evolved and are quite fun. Still heavy to carry around though. For light weight skis, the Head Joy line works well.

Since I found it hard work at a demo day in the northeast, you might like the Blizzard Quattro W 8.0 TI. Saw a demo pair for sale for a really good price. Of course, always better to demo first. Especially if you haven't been on different models for a while.

Sidecut: 124-80-107mm
Radius: 14.5m @ 168cm
TCX12 W Binding
IQ Sandwich Sidewall Ti, Paulownia – Bamboo Lite Core
4mm Tip & Tail Rocker
Ability Level: Advanced Intermediate to Expert

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member