• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Icelantic Maiden 111's?

skigrl27

Ski Diva Extraordinaire<br>Legal & Environmental A
I just pulled the trigger on these fancy new sticks that I plan to rig with Salomon Guardian AT bindings to tour to the goods. I couldn't find any threads about them here and there really aren't a ton of reviews on them either. Same on the Sego AK's I almost bought instead. Just curious if anyone has them or has tried them.

Now...if Colorado could just go right ahead and get dumped on, of course that would help.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@skigrl27 have you had a chance to get some time in on these? They are on my demo list...... they seem to be selling out....

echo_VT

Angel Diva
I just pulled the trigger on these fancy new sticks that I plan to rig with Salomon Guardian AT bindings to tour to the goods. I couldn't find any threads about them here and there really aren't a ton of reviews on them either. Same on the Sego AK's I almost bought instead. Just curious if anyone has them or has tried them.

Now...if Colorado could just go right ahead and get dumped on, of course that would help.

have you gotten out on them? curious!

freckles

Certified Ski Diva
Beautiful graphics! I saw Icelantics last year at the Midwest demo in Michigan. I wasn't a fan, as I tried them on Michigan hard-pack/ice, but I bet they'd be great in powder.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I tried 2 different Icelantics last year expecting by dimensions and reputation to love them, and just HATED them. Both of them. I was completely surprised by that.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I tried 2 different Icelantics last year expecting by dimensions and reputation to love them, and just HATED them. Both of them. I was completely surprised by that.

:crazy: Curious what was it you didn't like? since I'm really trying to find my DD powder skis to replace her Shiro JRs and she has been pretty much an exclusive Volkl Girl herself will be interesting to see what she thinks if we get to demo. I can only get her on the Maiden 101 to demo. She would ideally be looking at the 111 to purchase.... She did say get her a bigger Shiro, but I thought she should at least try other skis :wink:

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
To me, they all felt really stiff and badly railed. I just couldn't get them to turn or skid at all. The only way they were happy was fully on edge and carving. While I enjoy that in general, I like to be able to skid and scarve as needed, and I just couldn't. In contrast, my power-skier husband loved them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna