• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Items labelled "unisex" or gendered that crack you up

Fluffy Kitty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Weirdly, the fats (or something) in salmon don't like me ... always upset my stomach. Fatty ribeye or chicken thighs? No problem.
Unsaturated fats in general, and especially "healthy" omega-whatever fats don't agree with me. Saturated fats are fine, except maybe vast quantities of butter, but more because it has stuff other than fat. I need to definitely avoid arctic char and escolar, too.

Some people are allergic to orange flesh fish because they are allergic to the shrimp that the color comes from. Farmed salmon with lighter color might be better if this is your issue.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Unsaturated fats in general, and especially "healthy" omega-whatever fats don't agree with me. Saturated fats are fine, except maybe vast quantities of butter, but more because it has stuff other than fat. I need to definitely avoid arctic char and escolar, too.

Some people are allergic to orange flesh fish because they are allergic to the shrimp that the color comes from. Farmed salmon with lighter color might be better if this is your issue.

I guess for the most part I'm fine with not eating salmon fillet. The amount in sushi or a seared salmon salad doesn't bother me.

CrystalRose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
OK, I'm not going to lie. I would like a quieter, less dusty, Dorito. :bolt:I don't know if it's like the echo in my head or what but I'm always like WTH! But I feel the same way about apples, so delicious and so loud.

newboots

Angel Diva
OK, I'm not going to lie. I would like a quieter, less dusty, Dorito. :bolt:I don't know if it's like the echo in my head or what but I'm always like WTH! But I feel the same way about apples, so delicious and so loud.

Dearest @CrystalRose , as long as you don't pretend to speak for All Women about the noxious practice of crunching, we are behind you!

I imagine there are some men (yes, men!) who are self-conscious about loud crunching, or dislike getting orange dust on their khakis.

CrystalRose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
No, I agree that this is a ridiculous thing to market only to women. Especially with the reasoning that women are dainty or some other nonsense. I like the idea, not the execution. They could have just as easily marketed them as the perfect chips for travel (no dusty steering wheel) or to not annoy your coworkers(here goes Jane again with those darn chips!). But this, smh...

Jenny

Angel Diva
Saw these today and thought of this thread . . .

The full pic showed a woman using them, but I don't see how they're so complicated that a man couldn’t figure it out.

FA90A7EA-BE65-4ADE-8996-0568D843AB51.jpegAC5B91FA-FBA0-4EA3-8CF4-C06E857F9C65.jpeg

Fluffy Kitty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
[QUOTE="Jenny, post: 372595, member: 808"
The full pic showed a woman using them, but I don't see how they're so complicated that a man couldn’t figure it out.
[/QUOTE]

Well, you know, the... ummm... the unique physiology... bifurcated by sex... of... men and women require... ehhh... design that will, yeah, accommodate the differences in weight distribution... lower body... ummm... coefficient of friction, and radius, of these devices... flex... Well, you know: calf size!

:becky:

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I tried on some men's ski pants, and liked that they have a longer rise and deeper pockets. But I'm not so sure about the full side to side zipper at the crotch marketed as "testicool venting."

Jenny

Angel Diva
I tried on some men's ski pants, and liked that they have a longer rise and deeper pockets. But I'm not so sure about the full side to side zipper at the crotch marketed as "testicool venting."
Never seen something like that - what brand? Guess it makes for easy bathroom breaks . . . and other unmentionable actions . . .

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It was Burton. Not full access at the crotch zipper though, it had mesh venting. One long vent instead of the regular two thigh vents, fine, whatever. But "testicool"? Really?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna