• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What are your goals for the 2017/2018 season?

CrystalRose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I definitely plan on upping my ski days and taking more lessons. There's a local hill, Snow Valley, that offers a "take 4 lessons and get a season pass" deal I plan on taking advantage of. I've never been but if the place is that boring (which I doubt at my level) I can use it for drills and practice.

Mammoth and it's sister mountains used to have the same deal. But since they were bought out by Aspen, IDK if they are going to continue the program :frown:.

Skisailor

Angel Diva
@mustski - Apparently you are overdue for a trip to Bretton Woods. (I want to ski there myself!)

@QCskier - Good question! Makes me think. I'm going into my second season. I think this is the list:

5) Really learn to side slip, and stop. Not pretend, but really.

I know there is more. I can't think of what. Take lessons!

#5 #5 #5 !!!!! Then . . . Practice more #5. :becky:

Oh - and the separation between upper and lower body is a critical one too. Youre probably thinking about the terms "counter rotation" or just "counter".

newboots

Angel Diva
#5 #5 #5 !!!!! Then . . . Practice more #5. :becky:

Oh - and the separation between upper and lower body is a critical one too. Youre probably thinking about the terms "counter rotation" or just "counter".

There were a few times at the end of the season when it was right - rotation, hands, the turns - it was easy - and I could feel it was right.

I want to get back there. It was an amazing feeling! And yes, I will learn to stop. Really.

QCskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I definitely plan on upping my ski days and taking more lessons. There's a local hill, Snow Valley, that offers a "take 4 lessons and get a season pass" deal I plan on taking advantage of. I've never been but if the place is that boring (which I doubt at my level) I can use it for drills and practice.

Mammoth and it's sister mountains used to have the same deal. But since they were bought out by Aspen, IDK if they are going to continue the program :frown:.

This is something else that I want to do especially the lessons part. I find that lessons help me correct any bad habits that I might have developed and really help me take my skiing up a notch.

It seems that there are some really great goals here! I can't wait for the season to kick off.

mustski

Angel Diva
Come to Tahoe. Both Heavenly and Northstar have blue bump runs...
Yeah, same problem as Mammoth - one or two weeks a year is really not enough to progress in that area.

You also need to get up to 25 posts so you can see The Meet on the Hill section. Diva West is at Mammoth this year and we always have some meet ups in Big Bear! SV is where I taught me son and all his friends to ski. It's a great mountain for learning and progressing. The problem is it is very dependent on natural snow fall. Finger crossed!

kiki

Angel Diva
This :smile: which seems easier in the spring......

Upload

Return of the Turn—Episode One
Free skier MagazinePRO
Wow that looks so fun! Very inspiring video. My ultimate goal !! though not for this year....

My goals this year--
1. Be physically fit and feel strong
2. Have fun amd enjoy the time out there
3. Feel comfortable on blues, feel comfortable starting out on a blue run I haven't done before, on my own
4. Take care of my body so it can keep performing

Lmk92

Angel Diva
Oh, I live this thread! And I love reading your goals. Time to shift focus from yard work to skiing. Yay!

My goals
1. Conquer my fear. I’m pretty sure a huge chunk will be conquered with a few lessons, which I plan to begin as early in the season as possible. My daughter’s words are also embedded in my ear: “We’re all scared mom. We do it anyway.”

2. Start glades and jumps. I’m not sure I have the best skis for glades, but we’re going to give them a try. Again, a lesson or two will help, I’m sure. And I like to jump. I no longer care if I’m 52. In 20 years I’ll be 72 and I’ve no doubt I’ll regret not learning how to jump when I had better knees.

3. More days! I’ve been reluctant to ski by myself while the kids are in school, but I’m over that guilt now, and may even purchase a season pass somewhere, haha.

Thanks for asking this question!

ski_hat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love this thread!!

My goals for the season:
1) transition to blacks, with the aid of lessons
2) tackle any blue with confidence
3) get as many days as humanly possible on the hill, as we got a ski lease this year and gosh darn it I want my money's worth!!

is anyone else doing snow dances on the hope the ski season will just start already, or is it just me? :ski:

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I love this thread!!

My goals for the season:
1) transition to blacks, with the aid of lessons
2) tackle any blue with confidence
3) get as many days as humanly possible on the hill, as we got a ski lease this year and gosh darn it I want my money's worth!!

is anyone else doing snow dances on the hope the ski season will just start already, or is it just me? :ski:
Hey, you can do black at Heavenly!!!! I know you can with those awesome skis... Try Pinnacles and ski way glades...

Jenny

Angel Diva
My goal: get the knee I injured this summer in my bike accident completely rehabilitated. I've been working on this Every. Single. Day. Exercises. Massage. Stretches. I WILL get there, and I've definitely improved. But it's become my new hobby. I'm actually hoping I'll be okay by the time ski season starts. Today is three months, and I'm working on it.
I can only imagine. I've been doing PT for my plantar fasciitis, which is so minor compared to your injury, and some days it seems like a lot to fit in.

MsWax

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I literally have no personal goals this ski season, which is weird.

I want to get my 3.5yo making turns or at least a wedge, though, so thats my main goal.

I started last season with my 3.5yo doing nothing more than standing on skis, and by the end of the season he was skiing from the top of every mountain we went to (Cannon, Bretton Woods, Sugarloaf) and killing it! The entire month of December was spent on the bunny slope, and we took LOTS of snack breaks, but his endurance really increased as the season went on. It's totally worth the investment...my oldest reached the point where he was better than me last season...at 8 :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly