• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Recommendations - Max4 and Womens Ski Camps Whistler

kiki

Angel Diva
Would love some tips or notes on your experiences with the North Face Women's Ski Camps if you've done them, and any comparison to the max4 program, at Whistler. And do you do these multiple times in a season? Or is it too repetitive. Debating where to invest my time and budget!

Just returning to skiing after a few years away. And skiing alone this time. Got new skiis which are different technology than before so definitely feeling a little intrepid! I think I'm somewhere between a level 3 and 4 skier.

Christy

Angel Diva
Quite a few of us here did the women's ski camps when it was called the Roxy camp. Search for that term and I think a lot should come up. I don't think I've done one in about five years and I guess I don't know if it's changed, but it was always a good experience. The Max 4 lessons are good too. In either case if you have a specific goal in mind be vocal about what you want. Let them know if you want to be with a faster or slower group, if you want to work on moguls or trees or just do drills or whatever.

sperks

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’ve done “ the Camp” for the last3 years not women’s specific but a great way to ski with a small group if you are travelling Solo great instructors would recommend

Jilly

Staff member
We did a Ski Diva Roxy camp in 2012 and 2013. I'm already a CSIA 2 instructor and really enjoyed. Terrain at WB is so different than what we have in the east. I spent 2 days getting over fear of skiing trees and bumps.

The ladies camp was fun. We did an apres each day too.

I've never done the 4, but I have 2 friends that teach it. I can relay any specific question that might not get answered here.

kiki

Angel Diva
Thank you for all your comments and that link. Sounds super fun! Did splurge and enrolled in a couple of these, hopefully I will get a good group.

Cantabrigienne

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just did the North Face camp on Feb 10/11 and loved it! Although my instructor (Gillian) wasn't the most technical (am pretty sure she's CSIA2), felt like I made good progress during the weekend. The camp is well-run + really responsive to students needs.

I had a particularly well-matched group in terms of levels - I put myself into "Spicy 4" (I've skied for about 15 years but usually only 1-2 weeks/year since I was living in Hong Kong much of that time, so there was a limit to how much I could progress - I have solid technique but lack ski fitness and/or am too fearful to ski anything steep or ungroomed. Plus I didn't start till I was in my late 20s.) There were 13-15 women in this group - ski-off was straight down Wishbone & split up our larger group into 3 groups of 4-5 at the junction with Cougar Milk. (I don't know how they split the 3s & regular 4s - maybe similar but on Easy Out instead?) Am pretty sure my group was the slowest of the Spicys and we had some very experienced skiiers - the kind who complained their friends/family would take them to double blacks and then they had to sideslip down

My group had a similar pace but we had very different weak spots - I am bad on steeps/ungroomed but completely unphased on icy hardpack (it was icy by WB standards since there had been no fresh for 4-5 days, but nothing that would constitute ice by VT/NH standards) whereas the others said they wanted to conquer their fear of ice.....one young woman said anything remotely icy terrified her and sent her fleeing for the trees (which I consider vastly more difficult and dangerous, but to each her own, right?) This was really nice as we all took turns being the confident one leading the train at times, and then the frozen/scared one at the back at other times.

Compared to Max4 classes, I felt like we moved faster yet went deeper into the drills - like we drilled and then would lap the same run 3x in order to get the drill to really sink in (this was on 7th Heaven on a sunny day, so there were no complaints about repeating the same terrain!), so there was a better chance of establishing new movement patterns.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly