• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

DIVA DOGS!

Lmk92

Angel Diva
We had a golden that was prone to ear problems. The vet had us squirt stuff in his ears, but it was messy, he didn't like it, and the problem always came back. It was actually the groomed who asked what we fed Murphy, and said to try Pulsar grain free with salmon. Instantly better. Fast forward a few years, we now have a Bassett? mix and about a few months after we got him he pretty much decided that was not the food for him. Strange since he eats just about anything. But we switched to Avoderm red meat, and he is a much happier boy. Which reminds me, I need to get on Amazon and order some more.

This is interesting. Our vet just told us to avoid certain foods and treats, because it would affect our doodle's ears. And she is already having issues. If it continues, we're going to have to switch. We don't currently use a grain free, but may try it if necessary.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I may be capitulating. The dogs are eating Orijen, which is chicken and fish. I'm willing to try a bag or two of something without those ingredients to see if Cooper is less itchy.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I use Orijen and Acana Red Meat variety, however they label it in those brands. There's also a red meat variety by Merrick, with those little booster treat add-ins. The dogs eat all 3 kinds, so I just interchange or mix them.

Lmk92

Angel Diva
I was told that chicken could be a source of allergies. I'm definitely going to keep an eye on her ears, and if it seems this will be an ongoing issues, I'll try switching to fish. I'll even go grain-free, if needed.

mustski

Angel Diva
I am in the midst of it's surgical (neutering) complications. We started with the onesie and supervised every moment - literally- except when sleeping.
IMG_1622.JPG
Well ... we go back for his check up and he had managed to open up his stitches. Argh! While I was sleeping- on the family room floor BTW. He's not allowed stairs, jumping, running, etc. both dogs have been sedated all week. So, the vet re-stitches him and now we have both dogs "coned."
IMG_1628.JPG

We continue the sedation because... well ... have you tried living with two 16 month old 55 pounders with giant plastic cones on their head? No part of our house is big enough. But, it's only 4 more days, right? Until a squirrel- a rarely seen at the beach- squirrel decides to taunt them outside the sliding glass door. My door survived, but Hawkins ripped his stitches open again. It's back to the vet tomorrow and she is just going to have to super sew him or something. I can't control for squirrels!

Kiragirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am in the midst of it's surgical (neutering) complications. We started with the onesie and supervised every moment - literally- except when sleeping.
View attachment 7440
Well ... we go back for his check up and he had managed to open up his stitches. Argh! While I was sleeping- on the family room floor BTW. He's not allowed stairs, jumping, running, etc. both dogs have been sedated all week. So, the vet re-stitches him and now we have both dogs "coned."
View attachment 7441

We continue the sedation because... well ... have you tried living with two 16 month old 55 pounders with giant plastic cones on their head? No part of our house is big enough. But, it's only 4 more days, right? Until a squirrel- a rarely seen at the beach- squirrel decides to taunt them outside the sliding glass door. My door survived, but Hawkins ripped his stitches open again. It's back to the vet tomorrow and she is just going to have to super sew him or something. I can't control for squirrels!

They look like they can get into mischief! haha. good luck, all will get better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly