• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Items labelled "unisex" or gendered that crack you up

Fluffy Kitty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Are they saying that one has to be skinny/non-bulky to look like a girl? :mad2:

What's next? "Skinny" space suits? "Skinny" safety helmets? "Skinny" climbing ropes?
OK. I feel really stupid. I just got that they were referring to the chamois, and that I was the only one who didn't get the reference there. :redface:

Just didn't occur to me! I hated having any padding there when I cycled.

(Not sure why I was re-reading this thread?)

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
OK. I feel really stupid. I just got that they were referring to the chamois, and that I was the only one who didn't get the reference there. :redface:

Just didn't occur to me! I hated having any padding there when I cycled.

(Not sure why I was re-reading this thread?)

Hah!

I have so many issues with chamois fit ... I just went commando for my most recent ride. Undecided, but not bad.

newboots

Angel Diva
This one took me by surprise.

" This is a man’s steak that ladies can love just as well."

https://www.topratedsteakhouses.com/what-is-a-ribeye-steak/

?????

Well, @bounceswoosh, you wouldn't have so many question marks if you read the whole thing. This is explained further down:

"If you’re taking your favorite man out to dinner, he’s gonna want a big rib-eye on his plate."

and probably:

"Sometimes rib steaks are called “bone-in ribeyes”, “rib chops”, and “cowboy steak.
"

Just stuff that you little ladies might not understand. And don't forget:

"Don’t be counting the calories.
"

Don't worry your pretty little head about it. Just buy one for your big, strong husband.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, @bounceswoosh, you wouldn't have so many question marks if you read the whole thing. This is explained further down:

"If you’re taking your favorite man out to dinner, he’s gonna want a big rib-eye on his plate."

and probably:

"Sometimes rib steaks are called “bone-in ribeyes”, “rib chops”, and “cowboy steak.
"

Just stuff that you little ladies might not understand. And don't forget:

"Don’t be counting the calories.
"

Don't worry your pretty little head about it. Just buy one for your big, strong husband.

Of course, I was curious about it because it's my favorite cut ... the only one I buy in the grocery store.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ohhh I know. Women are only supposed to "like" chicken breast, tenderloin, and occasionally fish. Because women "like" low fat proteins.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Ohhh I know. Women are only supposed to "like" chicken breast, tenderloin, and occasionally fish. Because women "like" low fat proteins.
Not me. I'm not a huge meat eater, never was... But I like the occasional ribeye, skirt steak, loin lamb chops, and eat a lot of chicken thighs (never liked chicken breast)... Also in season and wild only I eat salmon once a week. Very fatty.

newboots

Angel Diva
Men's meat: ribeye, Porterhouse, t-bone. Pork chops.

Women's meat: boneless skinless chicken breast, fish, and beef or pork tenderloin

Unisex meat: pot roast, roast chicken, roast beef, roast lamb, shish kebab*

*not sure about shish kebab

Oh, and this: :wink:

Fluffy Kitty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
"Don’t be counting the calories."

Actually, when I eat out, I don't like eating anything smaller than a Porterhouse. :wink: I just feel cheated otherwise.

And, medically, men should avoid eating large chunks of fat, the kind that appears on ribeyes, since they are more susceptible to having high blood levels of triglycerides and LDLs anyway. Also more likely to have high red blood cell count; they should not be eating so much blood. Women are the ones who can get away with large cuts of steak, and often need more iron!

Now sugar... is a different story.

So the whole man-food, woman-food thing is backwards!

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not me. I'm not a huge meat eater, never was... But I like the occasional ribeye, skirt steak, loin lamb chops, and eat a lot of chicken thighs (never liked chicken breast)... Also in season and wild only I eat salmon once a week. Very fatty.
'

I'm definitely a meat-etarian (I'll eat vegetarian, sure, but most of my lunches and dinners have meat), and I like all of the above. Weirdly, the fats (or something) in salmon don't like me ... always upset my stomach. Fatty ribeye or chicken thighs? No problem.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
'

I'm definitely a meat-etarian (I'll eat vegetarian, sure, but most of my lunches and dinners have meat), and I like all of the above. Weirdly, the fats (or something) in salmon don't like me ... always upset my stomach. Fatty ribeye or chicken thighs? No problem.
Can you get steelhead in Colorado? It's kind of between trout and salmon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly