• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Diagnosis...

Powgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wonderful that your neurologist knows about this firsthand! Wonderful for you; not for him so much.

I had an extra-long course of antibiotics with a MRSA infection after surgery. My advice: Eat yogurt or take probiotics. Start now, before your gut starts to react.

Thank you! I am drinking Kefir daily...and hoping I don't have any digestive issues with all of this.

Powgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wonderful that your neurologist knows about this firsthand! Wonderful for you; not for him so much.

I had an extra-long course of antibiotics with a MRSA infection after surgery. My advice: Eat yogurt or take probiotics. Start now, before your gut starts to react.

Thank you! I am drinking Kefir daily...and hoping I don't have any digestive issues with all of this.

Powgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So sorry to hear. Are you willing to share treatment recommendations? I have a good friend who has been struggling for years and would appreciate your perspective.

I meant to ask...was she diagnosed with Lyme? Was she on antibiotics for it?

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Check with your doc about timing. I believe mine said you can eat the yogurt etc up to one hour before the antibiotic, or wait until 3 hours after. But I may be off. You want them to be separate in your digestive system.

Powgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
She has had three different exposures and has been on long term antibiotics. The first was not caught soon enough.

We suspect I was infected with Lyme in 2011, when I was treated for a brown recluse bite, tho I don't recall being bitten and a bite mark could not be found. I woke up with a very swollen elbow joint and a massive rash on my arm...running a fever and feeling sick...About a year later, I had a stroke like event in my other arm, and then developed the 60% ulner nerve block in that arm that no test could uncover the cause. I also developed a lot of strange sensations...feet and hands falling asleep...pretty intense muscles aches...involuntary hand twitching...the feeling of hot coffee spilling on my thighs...vertigo...fatigue...and then my knees started to go...geesh, the list goes on of funny symptoms I had, that would often come and go.

I kind of felt like I was going wacky...my primary care doc didn't give up on me, tho...he suspected MS and ordered a brain scan...this is where we found the Lyme produced tiny white spots and off I went to see a different neurologist.

After only a few days of treatment, I swear I am feeling better...my knees did not feel swollen or painful this morning...a first in a long time.

Powgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Check with your doc about timing. I believe mine said you can eat the yogurt etc up to one hour before the antibiotic, or wait until 3 hours after. But I may be off. You want them to be separate in your digestive system.

Yes!

It's a little tricky as I have to take a pill every 3-4 hours...and I don't have access to any refrigeration due to being on clients properties all day...I am sneaking the Kefir shake in when I get home, in between doses...hopefully that will be enough.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I probably can't add much to the advice area of this but I know, from a few degrees of separation, that Lyme has a variety of symptoms and a variety of outcomes.
Be diligent with your treatment and don't accept anything but the beset in your caregivers when it comes to your treatment.

Sending good vibes your way.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly