• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

So what's your quiver like NOW?

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My Rock skis- 2010 Non Rockered Atomic Heaven's Gate (70 under foot) Awesome fast carvers for Eastern skiing. I bought 2 pair when rocker came out because I didn't like the tip flap many skis had this winter I finally replaced them with :

My Go fast Ripper ski-2016 Atomic Cloud 11's 71 under foot.Perfect for eastern carvers made for women who want to go fast and lay rail road tracks. doesn't like to be skidded, not for the timid.

My Go West Fat Ski- 2014 Atomic Elysian- Ditto what Ski Diva Said- They were perfect at Whistler this week in 8-10" of Powder on the Glacier :-)

Mid Fat Ski- 2014 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 under foot- perfect for spring bumps, western powder but not enough 'umph" for over 8" of snow-

ADDING for 2018 ski season Renouns 90 under foot.. will replace the BP's I suppose..

Tvan

Angel Diva
My quiver is very very small.

1. My go-to-crud-busting-ever-faithful-probably-too-short-for-me Atomic Affinity Pure 154
2. My bought-without-demoing-and-tried-to-love-em Volkl Charisma 163

I will likely trade the Volkls when I get my next skis.

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
[QUOTE="santacruz skier, post: 347066, member: 5830" (orange ones)....[/QUOTE]

I really want solid orange skis. I almost pulled the triggers on some DPS Wailers (?) just for that reason. But then I resisted temptation...

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
[QUOTE="santacruz skier, post: 347066, member: 5830" (orange ones)....

I really want solid orange skis. I almost pulled the triggers on some DPS Wailers (?) just for that reason. But then I resisted temptation...[/QUOTE]
The new 2018 Black Crow Camox Birdie is coming out in orange.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think the atris birdie is orange the camox birdie pink? .... @ski gap need some super fun all mountain/ powder skis?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I think the atris birdie is orange the camox birdie pink? .... @ski gap need some super fun all mountain/ powder skis?
Oh , maybe. I asked the guy at Evo what color the 2018's were and he said orange. Maybe he was thinking of the Atris Birdie. Anyhow, just followed the tracking and skis are coming Monday.....

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
So I checked specs on Black Crows skis and waist width for 156's is 96. I ordered marker squires 110. Is that too wide for the ski? Guy at evo said no more than 15 mm and this is 14. On powder 7 I read no more than 12...
Any comments? Another option was the Salomon z10 ti in a 100.....No on Attack 12's or 13's.

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
110 on a 96 could be a bit wide for the ski. Sometimes breaks catch on the snow when you're making turns if they are wider than needed.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
110 on a 96 could be a bit wide for the ski. Sometimes breaks catch on the snow when you're making turns if they are wider than needed.
That's what I was wondering. Any suggestions for another binding? I could get the Salomon z10 ti ...... or there is a lightweight Look binding. Maybe the Look NX 11?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Can you get a different brake?
I don't know.... just got off the phone with evo.com and rep sort of agreed with me that the brake was in the end of the range BUT thinks the DIN setting should be my concern, not the width of the brake. This is due to my stats of 5'1 102 and advanced with a setting of 4.5 on a binding that goes to 13 (such as attack 13). He said on any binding I should be in the middle of the range so now is holding the salomon z10 ti for me for 48 hours....

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
z10 is a very nice binding. I have had a few of those Ti bindings in the past and was quite happy with them. The Squires, despite their upgrade from previous hellish models, I have found to still offer too much trouble clicking in. I have Squires on my Kicker skis and simply despise them. I also have DIN of 4.5 and am similar to you in size.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
z10 is a very nice binding. I have had a few of those Ti bindings in the past and was quite happy with them. The Squires, despite their upgrade from previous hellish models, I have found to still offer too much trouble clicking in. I have Squires on my Kicker skis and simply despise them. I also have DIN of 4.5 and am similar to you in size.
Yes I like the z10 ti's and am having evo.com hold them while I decide. @Jilly mentioned a larger brake so something to think about.
But yay, just got back from bike ride to gym and lo and behold the Black Crows were on my doorstep. So much for "signature required" that I paid for.

Jilly

Staff member
I had a shipment not get to me a week ago. Canada Post says they delivered it, I don't have it. The delivery guy even stopped by on his way back to depot one night and told me how it left.

I went after the company for no signature required. I called mastercard about not receiving it. They said I'd have to wait till July 10th to claim. Called the company, they shipped me another shipment but it's going to my office instead.

I never though about your DIN setting. I was thinking you could just switch up the brake with a narrower one. Look after that DIN setting, it's more important.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I never though about your DIN setting. I was thinking you could just switch up the brake with a narrower one. Look after that DIN setting, it's more important.
Actually your idea was a good one and would have worked if Marker had a brake with a 100mm width. They only had 90 and 110.
So think I will go with the salomon z10 titaniums .... @badger thanks for recommendation as have them on other skis but thought maybe a different binding for the Black Crows. But DIN setting is really important and will order the z 10's and return the marker squire 110's...

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I am returning the Marker Squire and ordered the Salomon Warden 11 (thank you @SnowHot ) in 100 mm.... Will be here by Friday I think... not that i need them now. It was between the Salomon Warden 11 and the Salomon z10 ti (which I had on two pairs of skis and liked).... Thought I would try something different.

DeweySki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I really want solid orange skis. I almost pulled the triggers on some DPS Wailers (?) just for that reason. But then I resisted temptation...
The new 2018 Black Crow Camox Birdie is coming out in orange.[/QUOTE]

SO was in Mammoth last weekend and sent me pics of the DPS Yvettes (women's version of Wailers) on sale for 40% off. They are the solid pink ones and I have always wanted pink skis. Very tempting...I am 80% sure we are heading down for 4th of July weekend so maybe when I see them in person I will pull the trigger :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna