• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Yoga Mats

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't like the idea of yoga in the park on grass, so the dock yoga would def not be my thing.

I don't like practicing on grass, either, but it's more because it's squishy and not flat underfoot. If it seemed practical to bring my own floating floor, I'd be more into it! lol. A lot of the larger outdoor yoga festivals have platforms.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I don't like practicing on grass, either, but it's more because it's squishy and not flat underfoot. If it seemed practical to bring my own floating floor, I'd be more into it! lol. A lot of the larger outdoor yoga festivals have platforms.

Everywhere I've gone has had hard surfaces: concrete, wood dock, astro turf etc. So the softness of grass hasn't come up yet. I haven't felt any difference on my mat in terms of squishiness than if I were inside, no issues with balance poses etc. The only thing that is bothersome to me is if there is a pebble of any hard point like that under my mat, but I just make sure to brush those out from underneath when I'm first settling in as much as possible. I'm thinking the beach on the sand will be quite interesting next month, I can't see that being a stable surface, depending on the section of beach and all since some sand areas are packed more than others.

I cleaned my mat when I got home last night and yuck was it dirty!!! Not visibly so much, but once I started wiping it down.. yuck! The bottom was the worst obviously, but the top came up with a good amount of grime as well.. probably since it rolls into the bottom.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna