• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Tahoe Qs: Northstar + Squaw; Kirkwood, Heavenly

va_deb

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi Divas! We're meeting my brother, SIL and two nephews (8 and 10) for skiing during spring break for the kiddos (April 2 - 5). We're leaning toward making Northstar our home base, but my SO has the MCP so we will do some Squaw skiing too.

Looks like Northstar has some pet-friendly rental house options on the shuttle line, so that seems convenient. There is a chance some non-skiing family members may come along as well, and having the shuttle will help if we don't want to have to rent more than two cars.

I didn't realize that Northstar is now affiliated with Heavenly and Kirkwood too. And Squaw is huge. So...
  • Any thoughts on the best bang for the buck for ski school programs among those four resorts? (the boys have done ski school a couple times before but not recently)
  • Assume it would be better to rent equipment for the whole week for the boys if we'll be going to multiple resorts, correct? Tahoe Dave's? Other options?
  • How far ahead of time should you buy lift tickets for the best prices? (the lack of apples to apples lift ticket prices online for the Northstar resorts was a little surprising to me, but maybe I'm just a naive mid-A visitor used to tiny resorts here with straightforward pricing posted online)
  • Which areas offer the most activities for non-skiers?
  • Any ski instructor recommendations for adults - intermediate to advanced -- at Northstar or Squaw?
  • Which resorts will be most and least crowded on beginner and intermediate terrain on the weekend? Weekdays?
Any other factors we should consider? Thanks in advance!

P.S. I will also start a Meet on the Hill thread in case other divas (without families) are interested in meeting up in the Tahoe area.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We've been talking. :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna