• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

So who has new gear for 16/17?

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wasn't sure about the length, but it was a deal I couldn't pass up- this year's Head Absolut Joy 158. For the price I paid I figured I could sell them if I didn't like them. Well-- I really like them. So they are staying. (I love CL) And a pair of Oakley Elevate goggles with both hi yellow and hi persimmon lenses . The flat light is really challenging my eyes lately, so easy to justify that purchase, especially after my adorable but obnoxious mutt had fun with one of my old pairs. (Which is being kept for training purposes- goggles are not a chew toy!)

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well I think my Flight Deck XMs are too big for me. :( I mean I can wear them and they didn't bother me, but the nose doesn't sit high on my bride like glasses. It sits about half way down. But the width fits there. So not sure if it's supposed to fit lower? I don't have any pressure around my eyes, all is we'll there. My nose kinda feels like it has some snot in it after a bit, but that's no different from when I wear my Costco Bolle's. So are these supposed to fit lower on the face? I swear my hubby's new goggles fit me better than they do him and mine fit him better than they do me, but i wanted girly looking ones and his aren't as girly. He doesn't care if he wears mine, he thinks they are fine for a guy. :smile:

It's not supposed to press on your nose, but I can't speak to the snot feeling. Are you sure it's not just the natural physical response to being in cold weather? I always snot up when I go out in the cold. I assume everybody else does, too, based on all the tissues present absolutely everywhere, inside and out, at ski resorts.

I have a small face (but a big nose! No asian fit for me), and I have a really hard time finding goggles that feel good. I'm told that the style right now is to have a really big frame, men's and women's, so it's going to get even harder for me to find goggles that fit. Sigh.

MrsPlow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
4 or 5 days now on my 2016 Armada JJ 2.0's - my husband persuaded me to buy them in the off-season (he has a pair of the old style JJ's), as he really wanted a pair but they were only available in my size. Just love them - incredibly easy to turn, but feel so secure and solid. And they make crud and tracked up, heavier snow fun. Having an absolute ball on them, from powder to groomers. I was not expecting to like them this much or find them quite so much better than my S7's (which were my daily driver last year).

cathylvs2ski

Certified Ski Diva
I have some new to me Kastle LX 72s to try out this year!
I have them too ...they plow through everything! I'm very happy with them. I feel very confident on them. Do you like them? I was just up at Okemo in very soft conditions this past weekend, and these skis just moved through everything.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have them too ...they plow through everything! I'm very happy with them. I feel very confident on them. Do you like them? I was just up at Okemo in very soft conditions this past weekend, and these skis just moved through everything.

I do like them in that they are very damp and plow through stuff better than my Yumis. I've had some adjusting to do b/c they feel very different than my Yumis, especially the tails.

WileyAce

Certified Ski Diva
Went skiing for the first time lsat year at Mammoth (2 days) and was hooked. Decided to get back at it this winter and got myself a full setup:

Armada Victa 87ti 163cm
Tyrolia Attack 11 bindings
Rossignol AllTrack 80 boots
Smith Camber Helmet (with MIPS) neon green
Smith I/O 7 goggles
Eddie Bauer Telemetry jacket (emerald green)
North Face Freedom LRBC insulated pants (black)

Also got some poles, gloves, base layers, bags, etc. So stoked on my gear. Took it all out last weekend for my 3rd day ever skiing and was VERY excited to be hitting the blues already. Going back to Mammoth in a few weeks and can't wait to see how comfortable it all is after wearing it for a few days in a row.

Ringrat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Finally got some touring boots to go with the new skis & bindings. Fischer Transalp Vacuum W TS Lite. 1 day touring in them so far and no hot spots, very comfy on the uphill. Need to do some fiddling with the downhill, but they worked!

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I finally got on my New Atomic Cloud 11's XT's I LOVE THEM. they rip.. fun in the bumps too!! Can't wait to take them to Okemo this week!

here's the manufacturer write up Very Accurate:
The Atomic Cloud Eleven XT is a perfect ski for strong intermediate to expert women that enjoy a lightweight ski that is extremely carvy and nimble edge to edge. A Full Length Vertical Sidewall increases the torsional strength and edge hold for making tight to medium radius turns on a steep groomer. The Cloud Eleven has the same Race Rocker that Atomic uses in their race skis that only has the front 5% of the tip being rockered with the remaining 95% of the ski with traditional high camber. The rocker in the tip will give you fast turn initiation, and the camber underfoot will deliver stronger edge hold, and a high amount of rebound. The Cloud Eleven has a combination of the Light Wood Core and Densolite Composite Core that uses Poplar Wood and foam that are very lightweight and very snappy for banging quick, tight turns. A Titanium Stabilizer is a single layer of Titanium that sits below the core to increase your stability and power, especially when you are reaching top speeds on a steep groomed black diamond. If you want a very stable and light ski for carving down the groomers the Atomic Cloud Eleven XT is the ski for you!

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Armada Victa 87ti 163cm

Once you have spent some time on them, please have a say in Gear Reviews! Very interested in how this ski performs off the groomers.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Finally got some touring boots to go with the new skis & bindings. Fischer Transalp Vacuum W TS Lite. 1 day touring in them so far and no hot spots, very comfy on the uphill. Need to do some fiddling with the downhill, but they worked!

How did you decide on the TS Lite? Pure fit?

I went with the straight Transalps. They are very soft. Do you know which is softer?

Ringrat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
How did you decide on the TS Lite? Pure fit?

I went with the straight Transalps. They are very soft. Do you know which is softer?

Yes, fit. As in, it's the only boot I've had on in the last 8 months that didn't have some kind of immediate problem that wasn't easily solvable by a bootfitter (my 2 issues seemed to be instep height & width - neither easy to work on). I was out of shops to go to and was running out of touring boot models to even try.

They are pretty soft, though after 1 day of skiing in the backseat I don't know how much softer than my old boots. Not sure about any comparison with the normal ones, as there were certainly no men's boots sitting around in a size 23.5 in the ski shop. I'm also not much of one to comment on boot softness, as I've been skiing in a too-big touring (i.e. soft) boot for the last 7 years. When I eventually get a properly fitting downhill boot I might not know what to do with the stiffness.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm also not much of one to comment on boot softness, as I've been skiing in a too-big touring (i.e. soft) boot for the last 7 years. When I eventually get a properly fitting downhill boot I might not know what to do with the stiffness.

I have another friend dealing with this exact same issue. She has been exclusively using AT gear for the last 8 years or so and just got her first downhill setup. It seems like it's been quite an adjustment, and not all fun.

Ringrat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have another friend dealing with this exact same issue. She has been exclusively using AT gear for the last 8 years or so and just got her first downhill setup. It seems like it's been quite an adjustment, and not all fun.

Don't tell me that!! Though, adjustment period or not, it will be nice for my ankles not to slosh around when I hit a bump. :tongue:

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Don't tell me that!! Though, adjustment period or not, it will be nice for my ankles not to slosh around when I hit a bump. :tongue:

I was thinking you guys could confer if you do habe any issues. Which of course you won't.

DeweySki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly