• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

So who has new gear for 16/17?

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
[QUOTE="SkiMauw, post: 335402, member: 7236"IOakley Flight Deck XM with the Prizm Sapphire Iridium lenses; and the strap coordinates with my helmet. LOL :tongue:[/QUOTE]

That happened to my by accident, but I really like it, I must admit :-) have fun wiht the FDs and the Prizms! Welcome to the world of Bionic 3-D vision.

SkiMauw

Certified Ski Diva
That happened to my by accident, but I really like it, I must admit :-) have fun wiht the FDs and the Prizms! Welcome to the world of Bionic 3-D vision.

I may have just added an extra lens to my order...do I need it? I added the Prizm Hi Pink Iridium; the lens for snow/overcast (same category as the Rose). The sapphire is supposed to be good for sun/cloudy. We don't ski often, but I know one day last year it pelted snow for half the day, then the rest of the day was kinda sunny. Will I appreciate having more choices? or does the sapphire Prizm cover enough that I don't need a 2nd lens? I have depth perception issues due to my eyes being super different on each side and my husband who has great vision doesn't get it so he's grumbling about me wanting another set of lenses. (even though he just ordered a pair of Dragon's with 2 sets of LumaLens! we found a great deal on his though so he's mostly grumbling about my price)

Last edited:

Jilly

Staff member
You're going to love both...the Glory's and the Prizm....I wish I could get Oakley to work with my face and helmet. Just doesn't.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
On the topic of goggles - two ladies I skied with were frustrated yesterday when the sun we'd had all morning transitioned to dark clouds. I literally swapped lenses in my magnetic Anons in about 20 seconds.

Unfortunately, when I'm skiing hard, the dang things fog up too fast (I seem to fog stuff much more readily than other people - maybe because I sweat like a pig). But I'm not skiing hard right now, so it's all good.

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
I am new to the Oakleys and only have the pink lenses so I can't really advise. I was also wondering if I should get an additional lens...

Today was my 5th in these goggles - and I had only one issue - we had very very fine ice pellets coming down which sort of melted onto my goggles creating that sort of ice layer you see on your car windows after a sleet storm. Needless to say, the bionic 3-D vision deteriorated quickly. Was able to get it off using the goggle bag when on the lift - and the rest of the day was perfect. It was overcast all day and I really enjoyed what the goggles had to offer.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My fitter confirms that the AT boots I bought will indeed work for me. I don't need to return them! Fingers crossed. I really hope these will work. If not, I am going to set my AT bindings on fire.

It was pretty crazy - I had a few minor issues. To figure out if they could be addressed, he stuck some foam here and there under the stock footbed. Sure enough - things felt a lot better. So he's making me a custom footbed that will act like the temporary changes he tested with foam.

Chaelynh

Diva in Training
Pretty much got all new gear this year :yahoo:
Burton Society Pants
686 Smarty Coat
Smith I/OX chromapop goggles
Atomic Hawx Prime 100 W boots
And I'll be demoing while on vacation to decide on skis!

heather matthews

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I found a pair of La Ninas at a great price and the right size and nearly went there.Then I pulled back thinking I have skis that I like and the La Ninas maybe aren't really a NZ conditions ski even though lots of people rave about them.Now I'm thinking about not buying any skis,boots etc this year unless they get broken and whilst I'm considering reducing the amount of stuff I purchase maybe having a year of acquiring less and using the stuff I do have more.I did get some nice new gloves and some merino socks for Xmas though and I can live vicariously through the purchases of others!

SkiMauw

Certified Ski Diva
My Oakley FD XMs arrived today. They are the prettiest goggles I have ever seen! I didn't get to see the colourway in real before I purchased so I was really happy with how nice they are! Both lenses are gorgeous! Kinda scared to wear them now. I have to be more careful with these. Can't toss them around like I did with my Costco Bolle's. ;)

SkiMauw

Certified Ski Diva
Mine have lasted for years by bagging them when not wearing and placing them inside my helmet to protect.

That's what I do now so hopefully that is enough. I fear the eating lunch and helmet off and kid knocks my helmet over and glasses go tumbling with helmet...those Iridium coated Prizm lenses look a little dainty...unless Iridium coating has gotten more solid since my Oakley cycling glasses from 1990. ;)

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Inevitably, I ruin my goggles by wiping the inside when they're completely fogged or filled with snow after a wipeout. At least, that's what the shop people always say when I complain that my goggles are fogging. They say you should never wipe in those conditions. I would like to know how they think I can ski down in a whiteout with snow flying into my eyes - without my goggles. They never have an answer. One did say that something about the Smith lenses being somewhat more screwup resistant.

Ultimately, I think I just sweat a lot when charging on powder days, and that plus women's goggles for my small face = tons of moisture plus my hot face close to the cold lens. My fan goggles look ridiculous on me, but I seem to need them when it's snowing and I'm skiing hard.

Obrules15

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Inevitably, I ruin my goggles by wiping the inside when they're completely fogged or filled with snow after a wipeout. At least, that's what the shop people always say when I complain that my goggles are fogging. They say you should never wipe in those conditions. I would like to know how they think I can ski down in a whiteout with snow flying into my eyes - without my goggles. They never have an answer. One did say that something about the Smith lenses being somewhat more screwup resistant.

Ultimately, I think I just sweat a lot when charging on powder days, and that plus women's goggles for my small face = tons of moisture plus my hot face close to the cold lens. My fan goggles look ridiculous on me, but I seem to need them when it's snowing and I'm skiing hard.

Supposedly, wiping when goggles are completely wet or filled with snow removes the defog compound. I've been advised to get a defog solution for glasses and use it (I've managed to get the solution, just haven't gotten up the nerve to use it yet).

SkiMauw

Certified Ski Diva
What color is your strap?

I got the Lindsey Vonn Signature series (Blue sapphire Prizm and then I bought a Hi-Pink Prizm as well). The O is a metallic blue and the strap has silver threading dividing the grey and white pattern at the back of the strap.

SkiMauw

Certified Ski Diva
Well I think my Flight Deck XMs are too big for me. :( I mean I can wear them and they didn't bother me, but the nose doesn't sit high on my bride like glasses. It sits about half way down. But the width fits there. So not sure if it's supposed to fit lower? I don't have any pressure around my eyes, all is we'll there. My nose kinda feels like it has some snot in it after a bit, but that's no different from when I wear my Costco Bolle's. So are these supposed to fit lower on the face? I swear my hubby's new goggles fit me better than they do him and mine fit him better than they do me, but i wanted girly looking ones and his aren't as girly. He doesn't care if he wears mine, he thinks they are fine for a guy. :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna