• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Tahoe 16/17

HeidiInTheAlps

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
All lifts at Mammoth are closed right now. Rain and wind, more snow expected soon. There's a lot of concern for flooding there too. The second floor decks of the lodges are filled in completely. I booked places for April and May, maybe I should think about booking for June too.

We're coming out in April, seems like a good time to use our Mammoth days, no?

DRG

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@santacruz skier - I know openings have been limited, but how was the snow you skied in today? Heavy and wet? Or heavy simply because there was so much?

I won't be in Tahoe over the weekend, but I am so excited to get up there later this month!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
@santacruz skier - I know openings have been limited, but how was the snow you skied in today? Heavy and wet? Or heavy simply because there was so much?

I won't be in Tahoe over the weekend, but I am so excited to get up there later this month!
A little of each...it got heavy in the early afternoon.. there is so much snow.. never seen that much at Northstar before. Temps were probably 30 degrees. It was a blizzard! I'm here until Saturday . Going home and avoiding crowds then.

DRG

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
FYI - the dates for the Kirkwood Women's Clinics are Jan 29, Feb 11, March 4-5 and March 25. I definitely plan to do one. Let me know if you might considering joining @santacruz skier and @DeweySki .

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Also something to put on your radars is the Squaw/Alpine Women of Winter Camp (they also have clinics on Wednesdays at Squaw and Sundays at Alpine). https://squawalpine.com/skiing-riding/women-winter-camp

I've hit a point where I really need someone to check out my skiing again, and I don't think the coach I hired for part of last season clicked for me. So, unless something nutty shows up in the forecast for 1/29, I'm planning on registering for the camp, which spills into Monday and Tuesday of that week.

DeweySki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
FYI - the dates for the Kirkwood Women's Clinics are Jan 29, Feb 11, March 4-5 and March 25. I definitely plan to do one. Let me know if you might considering joining @santacruz skier and @DeweySki .
I'd love to join one of I can fit it in my schedule... Where can I find more information?

February 11th is my vote!! I am seeing 12/31, 1/29, 2/11, 4/1 for the 1-days though.

https://www.kirkwood.com/plan-your-...ducts/Womens-1-Day-Ski-Clinic?date=01/28/2017

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Hmm will be at heavenly Jan 29.. Other dates not likely as will be in Europe . Except March 25....

DRG

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I can probably make February 11 work! As for the dates I listed - I pulled them from a message Kirkwood sent to me - they probably got their dates wrong! HA!

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@santacruz skier @SnowHot whats it like in Tahoe? another 2 feet at mammoth yesterday,
Top still not open but understandably since this is what camera at summit looks like - I guess they had to tunnel out of the building?
Warnings about SIS, tree wells and skiing w/ a buddy... @Rainbow Jenny hows your day going?

Top_Of_Sierra_1_1280x720.jpg

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Who's going to Tahoe? Another big storm coming in..... I'll be at Northstar Jan 27-29 and Heavenly Jan 30 - Feb 5......

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
At heavenly since Sunday for a week. .. Snow is so awesome. Fun yesterday in pinnacles and ski way glades.. Also hogsback was really great.. Last run skied east bowl trees then a bit of Gunbarrel at 4:30! Admit we go out really late every day (like noon). @DeweySki i saw your post about skiing firebreak.. Where did you enter? By the top of Olympic??? Compare to ???..

DeweySki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
At heavenly since Sunday for a week. .. Snow is so awesome. Fun yesterday in pinnacles and ski way glades.. Also hogsback was really great.. Last run skied east bowl trees then a bit of Gunbarrel at 4:30! Admit we go out really late every day (like noon). @DeweySki i saw your post about skiing firebreak.. Where did you enter? By the top of Olympic??? Compare to ???..
Yes, one lap through the gate at the top of Olympic and two laps through the Stateline gate (kind behind Tamarak Lodge). Was so aweome--did not know that all of that terrain goes.

After our first lap through Stateline we actually got back to the Gondola at 4:01 and the guy wasn't going to let us on. But then my SO made some comment about the gate, and the lift operator was like, "Just you two? Go ahead." We were planning on taking Cal Trail to Roundabout to Gunbarrel to get back to our car but I guess Cal Trail from the top of the Gondola closes at 4:00 sharp! So we did another lap down the front side and caught the bus back to Cal lodge. Got back to our car ~ 6:00 p.m., the latest ever. It was dark!

I don't know if they are relaxing on closing times or what, but Saturday we skied late too. They were still letting people load Tamarack to get back to Cal at like 4:15...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly