• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Possibly no ski school!

MouseInLux

Certified Ski Diva
We've recently spent 9 days with the kids in private lessons in Garmany and have now decided to go skiing again in Feb during our school holiday. I'm concerned that we won't get any lessons for them as we're a bit late enrolling them and I've not heard back from my enquirers.
My 5 year old could get down the (European) blue slopes by the end of our last trip so I'm confident that I can still ski with her without any major issues. My soon to be 4 year old didn't progress past the tiny kids slope, he just goes straight. I don't fancy skiing 3-4 days with him between my legs and I can't switch off with my husband doing that as he snowboards. What would you all do? Would you go without ski school or stay home?

Obrules15

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'd find a resort where there IS ski school available. Both cancelling your trip and spending half of it bent half in two sounds remarkably depressing.

Where are you scheduled to go and what part of the country do you live in?

MouseInLux

Certified Ski Diva
We live in Luxembourg, we only have 2 options for such a short trip. One is booked solid already (les vogues) our plan at the moment is to go to Feldberg in Germany.

MouseInLux

Certified Ski Diva
Plan is to book everything tomorrow. Hubby wanted to wait to see how conditions went but I think we can't wait any longer!

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I guess kids are like dogs ( :wink:) - it's very hard to be spontaneous when you have them!

MouseInLux

Certified Ski Diva
We have a dog too so spontaneity isn't really a thing here. I figured a month of planning would be ok though.

Lellandra

Certified Ski Diva
Do they have child care? Some mountains have ski school and child care for the kids that won't/can't ski.

Moonrocket

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Do the mountain towns have a nanny service? We hired a fabulous nanny in Aspen for two days to celebrate our anniversary a number of years ago.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna