• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How soon after a hysterectomy did you snow ski?

Inoffensive Nickname

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
HysterSisters was a great resource for me when I had mine. I felt the same as you after I had mine done. I felt better the day I went home from the hospital (2 days after surgery) than the day I went in. I had mine done in early October, too and overdid it dancing at a Halloween party a few weeks later. Be careful and make sure you give your body time to heal before taking on any dancing. It took me about a year before I felt completely healed (like everything was "back where it belonged") but it was a much better year than the prior year. :smile:

W8N2SKI

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Fantastic to hear you are healing well and feeling good! It seems odd to say, but the day I went in for surgery was one of the happiest days ever, so I know what you are saying. And don't worry - you'll get your fitness back. You did yourself a good favor by being fit going into this. It'll help w/recovery and regaining that killer skiing form. :smile:

just jane

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
No Halloween dancing... noted!

And I unfortunately don't have killer form to regain - I'll take not backtracking too far from last year! :ski:

Blondeinabmw

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Be careful and make sure you give your body time to heal before taking on any dancing. It took me about a year before I felt completely healed (like everything was "back where it belonged")
Absolutely! Take it easy, and be prepared for those moments where fatigue gets the better of you, even a month or more from now.
Like my doctor said, "You don't know how bad you felt before until you don't feel that way anymore!"

just jane

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Skied my first day of the season today!!

I'm not "officially" cleared until my 8 week post-op appointment tomorrow, but I've been feeling good and am assuming I'll get the all-clear so I decided to go up with DH today. I took it easy and quit a little bit early and I feel just fine. It's a blessing in disguise I think that only a few runs are open so I wasn't even tempted to try harder terrain. I was forced to stick to groomer blues because that's all that's open!

It felt so good to get out!

Luvs2ski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I know this is an old post, but found it & oh so relevant! I was supposed to have my hysterectomy tomorrow, but had to reschedule because I have a nasty head cold I am not able to get back on the surgeon’s sched until Feb & so pissed because all along, I was doing everything in my power to NOT screw up ski season; even more, I literally just booked a trip to UT for the beginning of March, so completely panicked that I will not be able to go or worse, go and not ski?! The trip is 3 weeks post op, so praying that all goes as planned and procedure will be done via laparoscope …but I have large fibroids, which now I guess will keep growing . I am traveling to UT with a friend, so def don’t want to start un doing all the plans ….but not sure it’s smart to keep the plans, either. I am trying to stay calm & just go with the flow …but being OCD, I am trying to prep for the worst …..

MissySki

Angel Diva
I know this is an old post, but found it & oh so relevant! I was supposed to have my hysterectomy tomorrow, but had to reschedule because I have a nasty head cold I am not able to get back on the surgeon’s sched until Feb & so pissed because all along, I was doing everything in my power to NOT screw up ski season; even more, I literally just booked a trip to UT for the beginning of March, so completely panicked that I will not be able to go or worse, go and not ski?! The trip is 3 weeks post op, so praying that all goes as planned and procedure will be done via laparoscope …but I have large fibroids, which now I guess will keep growing . I am traveling to UT with a friend, so def don’t want to start un doing all the plans ….but not sure it’s smart to keep the plans, either. I am trying to stay calm & just go with the flow …but being OCD, I am trying to prep for the worst …..

Obviously your health is the number one most important thing! But.. would it be bad to wait for after your trip if it's not that much longer in the whole scheme of things, compared to the delay you are facing now? Is another 6 weeks a big deal? Though maybe that is also less desirable because it might end your season at that point unless you just wait for April/end of season.

I would probably try and postpone, but I also don't know all of the details of your health and any pain you may be in. So obviously those things factor in majorly!

Luvs2ski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Obviously your health is the number one most important thing! But.. would it be bad to wait for after your trip if it's not that much longer in the whole scheme of things, compared to the delay you are facing now? Is another 6 weeks a big deal? Though maybe that is also less desirable because it might end your season at that point unless you just wait for April/end of season.

I would probably try and postpone, but I also don't know all of the details of your health and any pain you may be in. So obviously those things factor in majorly!
I like the way you think @MissySki I was so wound up about having to cancel the procedure this week and just taking the first avail….but may have to consider bumping it until after ski season, if I can. I am supposed to see my surgeon in Dec, so I guess I could ask his opinion. I have waited 2yrs to do this …thanks to covid, so although my fibroids are large & a bit uncomfortable, it is not unbearable …yet!! Good for thought….for sure. None of my friends understand….but they also aren’t complete ski addicts either

Tvan

Angel Diva
I think @MissySki’s idea is the right move. Schedule for after your trip, if you are well enough and able to.

Your mileage may vary, but at 3 weeks post my laparoscopic hysterectomy, there is no way I could have skiied. It took me a good 5-6 weeks to feel normal again.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I like the way you think @MissySki I was so wound up about having to cancel the procedure this week and just taking the first avail….but may have to consider bumping it until after ski season, if I can. I am supposed to see my surgeon in Dec, so I guess I could ask his opinion. I have waited 2yrs to do this …thanks to covid, so although my fibroids are large & a bit uncomfortable, it is not unbearable …yet!! Good for thought….for sure. None of my friends understand….but they also aren’t complete ski addicts either

Ahh in that case I would definitely talk it out.. can't hurt to get your doctor's opinion!

Also, hope you feel better soon. I also have some type of cough/headache/laryngitis thing currently. Keep testing negative for Covid, but I also got an alert last night on my phone from the MA gov cellphone program that I was exposed to someone positive last week on Wednesday or Thursday, so now I'm wondering about the tests that have continued to be negative through last night still.. I was at the dentist last Wednesday and went to this speaker series event Thursday, so certainly could have been exposed in either place where I was for like an hour in both circumstances.

Luvs2ski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think @MissySki’s idea is the right move. Schedule for after your trip, if you are well enough and able to.

Your mileage may vary, but at 3 weeks post my laparoscopic hysterectomy, there is no way I could have skiied. It took me a good 5-6 weeks to feel normal again.
That’s what I fear & due the size of my fibroids, it isn’t a guarantee that laparoscopically will be the final outcome. I am def going to talk it out with my surgeon; I mean, I can’t get on his sched until Feb, he must not be too concerned about my situation

Luvs2ski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ahh in that case I would definitely talk it out.. can't hurt to get your doctor's opinion!

Also, hope you feel better soon. I also have some type of cough/headache/laryngitis thing currently. Keep testing negative for Covid, but I also got an alert last night on my phone from the MA gov cellphone program that I was exposed to someone positive last week on Wednesday or Thursday, so now I'm wondering about the tests that have continued to be negative through last night still.. I was at the dentist last Wednesday and went to this speaker series event Thursday, so certainly could have been exposed in either place where I was for like an hour in both circumstances.
OMG, I have had so many covid tests leading up to my scheduled surgery, which we finally rescheduled. I received that same notification last week, so was convinced one of my covid tests would be positive. The hacking cough is relentless …so no way I would have been able to recover from surg; my stomach hurts now from coughing, imagine post op?! Hope you feel better & continue to rest neg. I am going on 10days with this nonsense, hoping to kick it so I can enjoy the weekend, now that I won’t be laying around recovering from surgery!!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva

Can you get a PCR test? I've know people who tested negative using at home tests but positive PCR.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Can you get a PCR test? I've know people who tested negative using at home tests but positive PCR.
I could, but not sure it matters at this point. I feel better than yesterday, cough is much less frequent and headache is fine with Ibuprofen.. the crappiest thing right now is my voice being affected since I'm on Zoom all day. I'm trying to rest it, and it is somewhat better than yesterday too. I'm not going anywhere for the next 10 days or so. Sookie is getting spayed tomorrow so will need to recover and probably be sedated a bit due to her crazy energy haha.

The home tests worked very well for me when I had Covid in April, but I have definitely heard of people having that issue.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I could, but not sure it matters at this point. I feel better than yesterday, cough is much less frequent and headache is fine with Ibuprofen.. the crappiest thing right now is my voice being affected since I'm on Zoom all day. I'm trying to rest it, and it is somewhat better than yesterday too. I'm not going anywhere for the next 10 days or so. Sookie is getting spayed tomorrow so will need to recover and probably be sedated a bit due to her crazy energy haha.

The home tests worked very well for me when I had Covid in April, but I have definitely heard of people having that issue.
Okay, good.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna