• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

dancingspark

Certified Ski Diva
Old post, but thought I'd give my two cents...these skis are just not for me. I gave them a lot of time to try and adjust, but I have never spent so much time fighting to stay out of the backseat. I think they're much too long for me, too--the tips don't even seem to be touching the snow when I'm skiing downhill. They sort of skitter over the top and wiggle back and forth, making me feel really unstable (also led to multiple ski tip crossings and subsequent wipe outs). I went through 2 pairs of boots thinking it was that, and to be fair, I'm rusty and need time to adjust to skiing daily in powder, but when I was at Winter Park on Sunday, I realized skiing was not as much fun when every run was about trying not to end up on my rear.

So it's back to the drawing board for me! I need something shorter, more forgiving, springier, and wider waisted. I just don't have the strength to drive the Kenjas like they ought to be driven.

Obrules15

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A lot of people seem to have an either love them or hate them relationship with Volkls, I've been told to avoid them because of my skiing stye so you are not alone.

Don't the tips not touch the ground because of rocker, I was of the understanding that that was to facilitate their float in powder, I may be confused as I don't ski rockered skis (Ice Coast).

dancingspark

Certified Ski Diva
Sorry, that was badly worded, it's basically the entire front part of the ski, not just the rockered portion, as though the front bit moves freely above the snow and the back end is firmly rooted. It's probably a symptom of me being in the backseat around 80% of the time.

Obrules15

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sorry, that was badly worded, it's basically the entire front part of the ski, not just the rockered portion, as though the front bit moves freely above the snow and the back end is firmly rooted. It's probably a symptom of me being in the backseat around 80% of the time.

Yeah, it doesn't sound like a ski I would like. I'll stick to my Elan frontside skis which treat me well even on my few A-Basin days.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Old post, but thought I'd give my two cents...these skis are just not for me. I gave them a lot of time to try and adjust, but I have never spent so much time fighting to stay out of the backseat. I think they're much too long for me, too--the tips don't even seem to be touching the snow when I'm skiing downhill. They sort of skitter over the top and wiggle back and forth, making me feel really unstable (also led to multiple ski tip crossings and subsequent wipe outs). I went through 2 pairs of boots thinking it was that, and to be fair, I'm rusty and need time to adjust to skiing daily in powder, but when I was at Winter Park on Sunday, I realized skiing was not as much fun when every run was about trying not to end up on my rear.

So it's back to the drawing board for me! I need something shorter, more forgiving, springier, and wider waisted. I just don't have the strength to drive the Kenjas like they ought to be driven.

that's exactly how I feel on them and I have the weight to push a ski.. they feel like I'm riding on them and not 'skiing' them! And I always feel like they put me in the back seat too.. and I've been skiing a long time and am never in the back seat.. too much work!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna