• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

So who has new gear for 16/17?

snow addict

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I got a shrinkwrapped pair of 2014 Blizzard Viva 8.0s with Attack 13 bindings! My first pair of carvers in years - intended for mellow skiing while I'm still rehabbing the knee, and maybe teaching the following season if I actually do become an instructor. The skis were $199 flat. The bindings weren't much cheaper, but I trust that binding, and I know it's easy to step into.

I think you will enjoy skiing on carving skis if you are to spend any considerable time on groomers this season. Makes a noticeable difference and your knee will appreciate it too.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have the Santa Ana's I bought at the end of last season and really got one day on, with Attack 12s on them. I also picked up a brand new Smith Variance (I think it's the Variance) for 60% off at our local "consignment" shop which gets a LOT of manufacturer's overstock, so I got a $190 helmet for $80! It's white. I've wanted a white helmet and I needed a new one without stickers because I'm pretty sure Snowbasin doesn't want me skiing around as an employee with Mammoth stickers on my helmet!

Also, probably going to pick up some Boot Doc foam liners. I'll have to write a review on them. I could very well be on the snow 120 days this season, I'd better get those fit issues snugged up!

Ringrat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have new Dynafit bindings and lighter AT boots!! Although, I am terrified of the boot-tweaking process. I think I have made my setup about 6 lbs lighter....
What boots did you get? Just curious. I started the process last year and thought I would have Scott Celeste boots but chickened out. They seemed too narrow in the instep after a few hours on my feet. :goodluck:

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What boots did you get? Just curious. I started the process last year and thought I would have Scott Celeste boots but chickened out. They seemed too narrow in the instep after a few hours on my feet. :goodluck:

Some Scarpa that currently is way too tight in my right toe box, and generally feels like a race fit. I'm pretty nervous about that, but it's entirely possible that my old boots were way too comfy. Or, it was summer and I'd been barefoot for a while.

Lmk92

Angel Diva
No new gear...yet. Looking forward to Demo Days coming up. Got my eye on the new Flairs, Vantages, Temptations, and I'm planning to try that Astra again (those specs look perfect for me).

My daughter will be riding on her new Wild Belles (thanks, Vanhoskier!), and my youngest son on his new Smoke TIs.

climbingbetty

Angel Diva
Last season I got some new boots fit for me finally... Nordica La Ninas. They've been awesome!

So of course, this year, I just got a brand spanking new pair of Nordica Sentra 5s to go with them. Hoping these babies will up my game for this season. I'm going to try and take my Level 2 exam by the end of the season.

Also got a new helmet and goggles. Both from Giro. I think the helmet model is the Edit, but I can't remember the goggle model and I'm too lazy to Goggle it.

(type that 5 times fast- goggle and Google.)

I might get a new jacket but only if I can sell off some of my old equipment. I'm really trying to go with LESS stuff, which is hard because hubby got 2 new pairs of skis this year too. That brings our grand total up to 6 pairs between us. Which I know is nothing to some people, but it bugs that crap out of me. I hate the "which pair do I choose" game???? He has two- backcountry and resort, so it's not that hard. I'm up to 1.) my fav RAMP Chickadees 2.) my RAMP Kummoniwannaskiyas for teaching--- and I end up riding most of the time on runs in between classes 3.) backcountry skis and now 4.) Sentras. I guess I'll ride them on my personal days at the resort. Unless their is new snow.

Oh first world skier problems!!!!!:rolleyes:

G-money

Diva in Training
Got some Atomic Hawx 90s boots and I'm looking at getting some new skis... possibilities includes Auras, Elysians (found some really cheap), Oohlalaluvs, 90Eight (too wide for where I live...lol)...
Picked up a new jacket or three, too. Yep, I'm a jacket hoarder!

Liquid Yellow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Nothing at all new this season. I'm really hankering after Oakley Flight Deck XM goggles with Prizm Rose lenses, but need to save cash as I'm hopefully moving house soon. I'm not sure how much longer my trousers will last but I love them!! Last season was new skis and helmet so I can't complain!

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Some Scarpa that currently is way too tight in my right toe box, and generally feels like a race fit. I'm pretty nervous about that, but it's entirely possible that my old boots were way too comfy. Or, it was summer and I'd been barefoot for a while.

I wore my new-last-season AT boots this morning for about an hour.They never fit great, but I'm really starting to think I got them a size too small. Which, who ever manages to do that with ski boots??

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I bought a Kulkea Talvi boot bag and Dry Guy boot dryers. I have the large Hot Gear bag, which is truly da bomb, but I thought I'd try a smaller bag for travelling. For the record, I do retract my entry for the Ski Diva Kulkea bag giveaway. :smile:

I also bought Sentinel ski pants on sale today. Am anxious/excited because 1. not sure how they'll fit and 2. regardless of the fit, I know they'll need some major hemming.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not "new", but new to me.....the swaps have been interesting this year! DH apparently decided I needed a whole new way to kill myself and bought me a pair of She's Piste skis with tele bindings for $50. Now on the hunt for boots.
The next swap had a pair of Garmonts in a 23.5s for $30, but my toes were smashed in them. :frown: However, while I was squashing my feet into too-small tele boots, he found me a like-new pair of 2014 Volkl RTM 84s in a 176 for $200!! :party:
I'll be headed out to tune and wax them shortly. :thumbsup: I can finally retire my Fischer Hybrids which have always been a bit too short for me.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Not "new", but new to me.....the swaps have been interesting this year! DH apparently decided I needed a whole new way to kill myself and bought me a pair of She's Piste skis with tele bindings for $50. Now on the hunt for boots.
The next swap had a pair of Garmonts in a 23.5s for $30, but my toes were smashed in them. :frown: However, while I was squashing my feet into too-small tele boots, he found me a like-new pair of 2014 Volkl RTM 84s in a 176 for $200!! :party:
I'll be headed out to tune and wax them shortly. :thumbsup: I can finally retire my Fischer Hybrids which have always been a bit too short for me.
Where did you find this guy?

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
DH apparently decided I needed a whole new way to kill myself and bought me a pair of She's Piste skis with tele bindings for $50. Now on the hunt for boots. .
Welcome to the club! So you sre trying to get into to tele boots and I trying to get into my old alpine boots...I think you have the easier job, have fun!

Jealous of these swaps...seems a good way to humt for treasure...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna