• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Lift chairs for sale

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Not exactly a Hot Gear Deal, but something some of you Divas might be interested in:

At 10AM September 30, 60 chairs from the former Chair #1 at Suicide Six will go on sale. The chairs are 38 years old but the lift was opened in 1936. The chairs will be replaced by a new Leitner-Poma quad at an estimated cost of $1.5 million.

All proceeds from the sale will go to Woodstock Ski Runners youth ski programs. Fifty percent will go support a low-cost learn-to-ski program offered to over 300 local schoolchildren every ski season, and fifty percent will go towards WSR’s alpine and nordic racing programs.

For more info call 802-457-2971 or visit skirunners.adminskiracing.com

It's a great opportunity to own a piece of Vermont ski nostalgia while supporting some outstanding Vermont skiing programs! The chairs go for $350. each.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
And now more lift chairs for sale. From Sunday River:

We have a limited number of chairs from our former South Ridge Triple and Double lifts available for purchase. Turn that sucker into a lawn ornament, a swing set, or your very own elaborate quilt rack—we won’t judge.

All you have to do is call our team at 800.543.2754 and let them know that you’re interested in buying a chair. They’ll take down your name and payment information and tag your chair like a Christmas tree so that it’s reserved for you and you alone to pick up. (Read as: we will not ship or deliver these to you. You must have a way to move it from point A to point B). The cost is $250 for a double and $300 for a triple.

These chairs are available on a first come, first serve basis until they’re gone. They are weathered, a little dirty, and have not been refinished for a really, really rustic feel, but once you dust off the cobwebs, you’ll be able to add your own personal touches. Plus, if you prefer a different available chair to the one we tagged for you, you’re free to swap it out. We’re certain they’ll move fast, so hop to it!

Fluffy Kitty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If I got one, I would use it as a waiting room chair in my office. It will be an… uplifting… experience for my clients. Of course, I'd have to add a line about release of liability and the responsibility code to the informed consent form. I wonder if it's a billable form of therapy… There is a thing called "therapy swing" or "sensory swing"; does wonders for kids with autism.

It's really too bad that Maine is on the other end of the country from Oregon. (Maybe not too bad from my clients' point of view.)

Any other ideas?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna