• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

New ski boots for me!!!!

I have an appointment scheduled with my boot fitter on October 9th at 11am. My guy is Nick Blaylock from Mount Snow Bootworks in Vermont. Nick has worked on my current boots for a year and half now and he and his staff are all spectacular.

Bye Bye Atomic Hawx 80 boots and hello whatever Master Nick says will be good for me.

DH has just told me that he's buying my ski boots for me for my birthday so I'm even more excited now. I'll get a discount because I'm a mount snow season pass holder but I'm so excited.......... Good DH, good DH. :banana:

SkiBee

Certified Ski Diva
I dumped my Atomic Hawx too! Discovered I have a low volume foot and the Atomics were too roomy. Ended up with Lange and cannot wait to try them. Congrats.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sooo .. don't keep us hanging ...

Sooo .. don't keep us hanging ...

And the verdict is

Rossigno Pure Elite 120

He had me try on several boots, Different boots on reach foot, lots of mixing and matching. These felt the best, amazing. First time a boot has ever felt good on my right foot. He transferred over my footbeds and heel lift

Last year's stock, instructors discount, even though I teach at a different mountain, some other discount I can't remember. Final cost $345

Can't wait to ski on them.

20161009_162527_resized_1.jpg 20161009_162639_resized_1.jpg 20161009_160323_resized_1.jpg

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Congratulations! Boots can be a game changer with performance... I probably need new boots as have had skied my Tecnica's for about 4-5 seasons avg 30-40 days each. They were really getting packed out, but last season got intuition liners which are wonderful and change the fit of the boot dramatically. Also, I have new toe and heel replacements waiting for me in Truckee at Granite Chief. I just need to get up to Tahoe - maybe next week...

@santacruz skier. Thank you. I am very excited. Nick said the flex on these guys is more like 100 so not to get freaked by the 120. Also BSL on bottom of boot says 278. Prior boots were 275, need to get all skis checked out one by one now to have bindings adjusted.

Glad you like your intuition liners, Heard they are awesome. Tahoe is gorgeous in the fall, get up there :smile:

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
@santacruz skier. Thank you. I am very excited. Nick said the flex on these guys is more like 100 so not to get freaked by the 120. Also BSL on bottom of boot says 278. Prior boots were 275, need to get all skis checked out one by one now to have bindings adjusted.

Glad you like your intuition liners, Heard they are awesome. Tahoe is gorgeous in the fall, get up there :smile:
Yeah, trying to get up to Tahoe but now it may rain and snow all weekend so hiking could be challenging and cold! so may try for the following week.
I was wondering about the 120 flex. I can't remember what mine were - think 100 but my boot fitter had to do some work to make them easier for me to flex. I'm a lightweight so 100 was pretty stiff. Maybe it was 110... don't remember and boots are in Tahoe at Northstar house with all my ski stuff. You got a good deal. I paid a lot more for mine and that was several years ago.

I went in not caring what color my new boots would be nor caring what the final cost would be. I just wanted the right boot for my foot and my skiing and bam the universe delivered with not only that but a low price and a pretty boot.

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
looking forward to hearing your boot report!

looking forward to hearing your boot report!

Thanks. I can't wait to ski on them. They are a narrower and stiffer boot for me so I will surely be taking a run down the bunny hill to test out the feel. I will keep my eyes open for the first vermont resort to open and I will try and be there. I want to start to get these dialed in a little bit before I start teaching in December.

I will try to put them on now and again while watching tv and walking around on the carpet to do what I can in "breaking them in"

I dumped my Atomic Hawx too! Discovered I have a low volume foot and the Atomics were too roomy. Ended up with Lange and cannot wait to try them. Congrats.

I was told the Hawx are the wrong boot for my foot. Yup no more Hawx. Congrats on your Langes. Can't wait to hear your report after skiing on them. I hear boots can be a game changer so I'm very antsy to get out there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna