• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Nordica Santa Ana

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
Pics or it didn't happen!

Congratufriggunlations. I loooooooove the topsheet on the 2017s. Post pictures!!!!!!!

Get out!!! Lucky you

Oh, I definitely will. As soon as I get them, you will be bombarded with pics!

I also really love this year's top sheets - the ski is amazing, and it's pretty...
I got them for not too much of a discount, but they will throw in bindings for $50, so $750 cad. I had to settle for Marker Squires because my ski shop doesn't carry Tyrolias...small price to pay I guess though.

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
I've never tried them though. And really need to try the 153 and 161...
But wow $399 no tax...

Ooooo...that's a tough one. Skis are so personal - it would be hard to choose a ski without trying it first, and especially with the length. However, that is a great deal. I suppose you could always re-sell them if you don't like them. Or just wait to demo them this season and then make a decision. I'm more of a cautious buyer type, so I won't buy a ski without trying it, and I'm a serial monogamist when it comes to skis...one ski-quiver gal here...so I think a lot depends on what you're comfortable with.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Ooooo...that's a tough one. Skis are so personal - it would be hard to choose a ski without trying it first, and especially with the length. However, that is a great deal. I suppose you could always re-sell them if you don't like them. Or just wait to demo them this season and then make a decision. I'm more of a cautious buyer type, so I won't buy a ski without trying it, and I'm a serial monogamist when it comes to skis...one ski-quiver gal here...so I think a lot depends on what you're comfortable with.
I definitely don't buy several pairs of skis and never have. End of last season I added to my one ski quiver the Sambas... demoed them in 2015 and last year and bought demo skis cheap and switched out demo bindings. Shortly after everyone was raving about the Santa Anas and the short radius turns (think bumps) would be fun.... BTW, the ones I posted are gone now! I may demo next season for the heck of it, but always say a good skier can ski on any ski. The Santa Anas just seem like they would be super super fun. Glad you got them... But wait, you didn't like the Sambas, did you? So that's why I want to compare the Santa Anas to the Sambas...

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
It could be a sign and you should buy them. Great deal. They have a ton of tip rocker though so I think they ski short.
I need to check out and see if the tip rocker is the same as the rossi Saffron 7's. And basically what the difference between those two skis are... Good research assignment.

I need to check out and see if the tip rocker is the same as the rossi Saffron 7's. And basically what the difference between those two skis are... Good research assignment.

Agreed, have fun :smile:

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
I definitely don't buy several pairs of skis and never have. End of last season I added to my one ski quiver the Sambas... demoed them in 2015 and last year and bought demo skis cheap and switched out demo bindings. Shortly after everyone was raving about the Santa Anas and the short radius turns (think bumps) would be fun.... BTW, the ones I posted are gone now! I may demo next season for the heck of it, but always say a good skier can ski on any ski. The Santa Anas just seem like they would be super super fun. Glad you got them... But wait, you didn't like the Sambas, did you? So that's why I want to compare the Santa Anas to the Sambas...

Yes, that's right, i didnt like the Sambas, so i think it's probably best to wait and demo. Try 'em out! and throw a few other in the mix too :smile: I agree that a skier should be able to ski on any ski. I've managed to ski on my kenjas in a huge variety of conditions - from boilerplate to a foot and a half of powder. So did i need the santa anas? no. but they sure do put a grin on my face. and they make me feel more confident in things like bumps than the kenjas. the surfiness is a nice touch for fresh sno.

i actually want to demo some of the wider rossis, the soul, the saffron, star etc. i've been thinking about getting a dedicated backcountry set up, and am not sure whether i should go with something wider for soft snow, or something more all purpose, like the santa ana. anyway, that's for the next few years, not something im going to invest in now, but think about as i try to do more touring this year. i think your saffron has pronounced rocker, but definitely no where near as stiff as the santa ana...ill be interested to hear what your research turns up :smile:

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Did a quick comparison on skis.com and really they are not a whole lot different.
Nordica is balsa core, Rossi is wood core, both have similar tip rocker maybe more on the Rossi. Both have same "stiffness".....
Really I would need to do a spreadsheet to compare. Oh I know what's different - the Nordica has a shorter radius turn than the Rossi. Honestly other than that, they don't seem that different. Nordica is 2 cm all around wider.
Now the Samba. So many divas don't like it, but why? I found it much more fun than the Kenja . Maybe I was just bored with the Kenja. but you're right @Albertan ski girl , some skis are just more fun than others.
Think I'm just really curious about the Santa Ana. Just because.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The new samba is different from the old one, I think?

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah, they do ski shortish. They felt similar at 169 to my 166 Sambas. Easier, though, to me. Man, I can't wait to get out on mine, as I only skied I think 2-ish days on them last spring!
Just for laughs, here I am on them on Throwback day in my sweet suit. I love the graphics. I'm not a graphics snob--don't care, but I will say, these skis are pretty! I have a feeling I'm going to be spending lots of time on them showing people around at Snowbasin this season! They should be awesome for that job!
13043219_10209563763877285_7161809376657812391_n.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna