• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

VT Ski Pass Comparison Chart

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
If you're thinking about getting a season pass at a Vermont resort but haven't moved on it yet, here's a chart from Vermont Ski + Ride Magazine that lays out what's available:

pass-deals-2.jpg

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
OMG it's very expensive to ski in Vermont!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
It is, though most places charge less if you buy your pass in the spring. For example, I have a midweek pass at Okemo for which I paid under $400. When you consider the cost of the walk-up window day rates, it's a pretty good deal. It doesn't take long to pay off.

Last edited:

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I know!!! I paid $539 for heavenly , kirkwood , and Northstar and can ski any day except usual holiday restrictions (and I avoid holidays ).
I had no idea !

Jilly

Staff member
I paid over $ 1000 for full access at Tremblant last May. I need to get older...with young knees! SkiBam has great deal.

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
Western Canada is also pretty expensive. I bought my season pass in early June and it was $850 plus tax. That was the early bird rate - now all the passes are well over $1000 - it's true of most Alberta and many interior BC resorts. I have to say - the only real deals I've seen for season passes are with Vail resorts. Yes, I don't like the model of massive development and real estate that Vail brings to a ski resort, but I do have to say that they have made ski pass prices much more affordable. When I was looking at prices for lift tickets for my upcoming Whistler trip, I was shocked at the prices and thought that being on the Epic Pass would actually make Whistler a much more appealing destination for me, for example.

Jilly

Staff member
Next year.....The Max pass isn't bad either if the resorts are something you need. This year it's Tremblant and WB for me. So the Edge card is a deal still for the 6 days I need.

Jilly

Staff member
That said the Sublime pass is on sale now at Tremblant. It's basically a non holiday pass for a great price.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Hah! A full season pass at Massanutten is $450. That's for 70 acres. Tremblant is 654 acres. Kirkwood is 2300 skiable acres. Makes a big difference when skiing is only possible with 100% snowmaking. Another difference is that in the flatlands, night skiing is much more common to make up for the short season.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Hah! A full season pass at Massanutten is $450. That's for 70 acres. Tremblant is 654 acres. Kirkwood is 2300 skiable acres. Makes a big difference when skiing is only possible with 100% snowmaking. Another difference is that in the flatlands, night skiing is much more common to make up for the short season.
Tried night skiing once at Squaw. One run and nearly froze to death. Yeah, I'm a wimp. I'm still amazed at the price of season passes on the East Coast. I guess we're spoiled out here. They weren't always that cheap.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Tried night skiing once at Squaw. One run and nearly froze to death. Yeah, I'm a wimp. I'm still amazed at the price of season passes on the East Coast. I guess we're spoiled out here. They weren't always that cheap.
Remember, I was talking about the southeast (NC, WV, VA). It rarely gets that cold, even in the evening. Most of the time in the high 20s, if not low 30s. The other reason night skiing is worthwhile is that it's the only time on weekends you don't have to wait 10-15 min to ride 7-8 min to ski for 3-5 min.

The amount and length of time snowmaking is required adds a lot to the cost of running a ski resort. Only reason the price isn't higher in the southeast is that all the ski areas have a lot of paid activities during the summer such as mountain biking, zip lines, etc. The "off-season" can be longer than the snow season.

Bought my mount snow pass for $499 in the spring and financed it for $100 each month for 4 months which was nice. I'm going to be courtesy staff at Bromley in exchange for free skiing. We do what we can :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna