• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Nozawa Onsen, Nagano

LadyCaladium

Certified Ski Diva
Is Nozawa Onsen having a typical season or is it warmer than usual?

Would you be willing to share a couple pointers you found most helpful in your private lesson? Was it in Japanese or English? Just curious, do you dream in English or Japanese (my most unreliable proxy for language proficiency, also just a fun question:becky: )?

I also need to get some formal lessons, it's been at least 3 years for me.

Bon voyage and hope all goes well.

It might be warmer - our area had a warmer winter, but Nozawa is close to the colder than average part of the country.

My private lesson was in English with an instructor from Switzerland! Most helpful would be using my legs equally (an issue due to a medical condition that I didn't realize just how much it affects my skiing until this lesson). Also, how to turn better - which way my skis should point and where I should be looking - that sort of thing.

Language - hehehe, sometimes I have parts of dreams in Japanese. Italian too (I took seven years of Italian, just don't ask me to use it!).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna