• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Boot Glove

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@2ski2moro Thanks, that's a great idea; will try it out. I've taken to putting hand sanitizer on my feet before wearing dress shoes so as to avoid stinky feet and shoes; it works pretty well. As a woman with size 11 flippers, I'm always open to creative footwear solutions!

I don't have any room in my boots but I don't typically have cold feat. I think the boot glove will suffice on the coldest of days. I do use hand warmers in my mittens on icy cold days and those work beautifully.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've never tried it, but a ski buddy last year decided to try them in her pants to keep her cheeks warm on the lift. It turned out to be a very bad idea, but she got in some good lateral stretching trying to get them off.

I have done this. It did not go well. It did not stay stuck and slid down to sensitive areas almost immediately.

FYI, if you take a look at the Amazon reviews for the Boot Glove, you'll see a lot of people complaining that the sizing is off, and that they run very small. I don't know if that's still the case, but since I'm in between med/lg with 27.5 boots, I'd order up.

https://www.amazon.com/DryGuy-BootGlove-Boot-Covers/dp/B000MTRX9U

Definitely order up. Also if your boot buckles are more pronounced than on some models - my AT boots end up being much bigger on the outside than my alpine boots.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Doesn't someone make something called "hot buns" for that!
Yep, love the Hot Buns. Goes in the carryon luggage when I fly for ski trips so there's no risk of losing it. Got asked about them a lot last season, even by a liftie at Aspen.

hotbuns-1.jpg

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't mean to derail the topic, but does anyone ever use chemical foot warmers in your boots while skiing?

Now that I have properly-fitting boots, I can't imagine how the warmers would fit in there. Hotronics are out of my reach financially, though. I'm a bit of a Sweaty Betty, and last season I started carrying an extra pair of dry socks in my pocket to switch out mid-day.

I do intend to get Boot Gloves this fall, and I'm hoping that they make a difference on really cold days.

YES I wear toeheaters on tops of my foot and I wear boot gloves.
I got frost bite XC racing years ago and my feet get cold/frozen quickly.
I do buy boots big enough to wiggle and lift my toes due to my poor circulation and prior frost bite.

I need a new pair of boot gloves the piece that goes under the boot wears out quickly for me right at the spot it meets the boot (not wear I walk)
One of my perks being PSIA is discounted goods like boot gloves :-)

I have a neoprene "fanny flap" my oldest piece of equipment like the hot buns it is a long piece of neoprene with a snap around the waist Fantastic on snowy days when the lifties aren't sweeping the chairs off or the dreaded "R" days..

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Used chem warmers for years until I got Therm-ic boot warmers 3 years ago, and haven't looked back. The trick is to stick them upside down, inside the boot, all the way up into the top of the toe box, then slide your feet in underneath them. It helps to have slippery socks. I LOVE my Therm-ics, though. Also have Hot Buns and use them any time it's really cold, rainy, or snowy out. So much better than cold, wet buns!!!

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a brand new pair of size medium Boot Gloves (still in plastic) that I'll let go for cheap. I bought them by accident. Send me a PM if interested.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna