• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

High Sierra Wheeled Double Ski Bag

Blondeinabmw

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I ordered this one from Sierra Trading Post last week for a spectacular deal. I think I bought the last one STP had in stock, but it is available elsewhere for just a tad more. I think it will be a great combo of rigidity and flexibility, and would help your slicing issue. I will say, as the reviews state, it is somewhat narrow and fitting two pair of wider width skis and bindings could be challenging, but I only pack one pair per bag.

https://www.ebags.com/product/athalon/molded-wheeling-double-ski-bag-185cm/206815?productid=10116285

W8N2SKI

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wow. Just got the Dakine Low Roller snowboard bag via UPS today. This thing is industrial strength and is HUGE. I'm going to be able to be a jacket whoor with this puppy. Everything and more will fit in it.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Wow. Just got the Dakine Low Roller snowboard bag via UPS today. This thing is industrial strength and is HUGE. I'm going to be able to be a jacket whoor with this puppy. Everything and more will fit in it.
Agree. Roller snowboard bags are the way to go.....

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
W8N2SKI said:

Wow. I can't get anything else in my snowboard bag once I have two pairs of skis in it except maybe a full size shampoo and conditioner.

That bad seems awesome, wish I could snag it but Air Canada seems to want a hard shell bag so guess it's a sport tube for me but still... great bag........

W8N2SKI

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That bad seems awesome, wish I could snag it but Air Canada seems to want a hard shell bag so guess it's a sport tube for me but still... great bag........

I hadn't heard that about Air Canada. I usually fly a US airline or an Air Canada partner unless I'm flying from place to place w/in Canada. My Air Canada flights are usually for work, however, so I'm sans skis. Are you aware of other airlines with a rule about hard shell v. soft?

I hadn't heard that about Air Canada. I usually fly a US airline or an Air Canada partner unless I'm flying from place to place w/in Canada. My Air Canada flights are usually for work, however, so I'm sans skis. Are you aware of other airlines with a rule about hard shell v. soft?

I haven't but then again this is my first time flying to ski and Albertan Ski girl posted Air Canada's rules so hard shell it is for that trip. Others love their sportubes however, quite a few of the divas have very sturdy soft bags and don't have an issue.

I am not sure if other airlines have a hard shell case rule.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
FYI I flew Air Canada to Calgary (Banff trip) and did not use a hard shell case. Maybe rules have changed.

FYI I flew Air Canada to Calgary (Banff trip) and did not use a hard shell case. Maybe rules have changed.

Albertan ski girl checked the rules a couple weeks ago so looks like a hard shell is required now.

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
Definitely need a hard shell for Air Canada. TSA here in the US prefers just the skis and poles in the case. It is common for TSA to open the case to inspect...I always ended up with the inspection sticker in my case when I traveled. Because of this, it's probably a good idea NOT to lock the case but to use the clip instead, although you can get a TSA lock. (The last time I used a TSA lock, TSA couldn't open it in the security check and I had to discard it and use the clip). If you use a non-TSA lock, they may end up cutting it open if they want to inspect your case.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I use cable ties.. And they usually get cut as there is almost always an inspection card in my luggage . Can't deal with those TSA locks. Sometimes airline will put new cable tie on luggage .. Which is nice

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Definitely need a hard shell for Air Canada. TSA here in the US prefers just the skis and poles in the case. It is common for TSA to open the case to inspect...I always ended up with the inspection sticker in my case when I traveled. Because of this, it's probably a good idea NOT to lock the case but to use the clip instead, although you can get a TSA lock. (The last time I used a TSA lock, TSA couldn't open it in the security check and I had to discard it and use the clip). If you use a non-TSA lock, they may end up cutting it open if they want to inspect your case.

My sport tube is always opened and inspected too! I just put skis and poles in there so not sure what they are looking at/for? yes I just use the clip.

I had soft bag in the past and used to bubble wrap and put clothes around the bindings. I had no problems but met others that had major binding damage in soft bag so I got the sport tube 2.. I have always taken 2 pair west.. narrow carvers and fatties. But Like @marzNC said they do take up the 3rd spot in the car.. but we got lunch at Alta Lodge last winter dropping off the tubes on our way to Sun Valley.. lunch at Alta Lodge was worth drive up to drop off stuff since we went back and stayed there after SV..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly