• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Story of first ski season at age 38, at Stowe

What an amazing inspiring, awesome story. I started snowboarding at 30 and ski blading at 38. I am still learning, taking lessons and just having so much fun. This woman is an inspiration to everyone.

gardenmary

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've lived this too. Started cross country at 44 (after a disastrous attempt at downhill) then after I got pretty good at XC came back to downhill at 47. I've taken a gazillion lessons with two people (husband and wife) who are now dear friends. I still have plenty to learn but like the author, learning to ski was probably the best decision I ever made. I LOVE skiing with my friends and with my son. My husband died way too early but we skied together as a family for 4 years and I treasure those memories.

And then when I got to organize Diva Week West in 2014 - another first! SO MUCH FUN!!! I'm so glad I found this site in the midst of my ski journey.

heather matthews

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This is me too.I started snowboarding at the age of 36 which totally changed my outlook on winter and led to a move to the southern hemisphere for a new home and a new life.Took up skiing when I was 43(due to pressure from my friends who all skied whilst I boarded) and it's such a big part of my life now.Without doubt sliding downhill on plastic and wood in beautiful places has enriched my life far more than I could have imagined.

This is me too.I started snowboarding at the age of 36 which totally changed my outlook on winter and led to a move to the southern hemisphere for a new home and a new life.Took up skiing when I was 43(due to pressure from my friends who all skied whilst I boarded) and it's such a big part of my life now.Without doubt sliding downhill on plastic and wood in beautiful places has enriched my life far more than I could have imagined.

Me too I snowboarded for many years and while I had random friends who boarded the majority of my friends who went to the mountains with me all skied so I traversed from the dark side to skis a number of years ago. I rented a board once a couple of years ago and did enjoy it but I just love skiing so much. Either way as you say sliding downhill on plastic/wood in really gorgeous places just enriches ones life in ways they can't describe.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I didn't start until 40 and then it was for work. I picked up ME, NH and VT for territory and was advised the industry ski days were a good place to meet clients. Who knew! I kept on years after I left that job!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly