• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Anyone lose anything off the lift?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
This is just a sample of some of the things found under the lifts at Breckenridge during mountain clean-up day:

Screen Shot 2016-06-23 at 2.42.48 PM.png

See the phones in the picture? One of the reasons I never take my phone out on the lift is I'm sure I would drop it. And what's with the bras?

Anyone lose anything from the lift?

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
and a PASSPORT?
The bra probably went at the same time as the Mardi Gras beads.

I lost a cell phone once years ago and never found it. After that I became super paranoid about taking my phone out of my pocket. I still do to take photos but I'm uber careful.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ugh. Northerners shouldn't be allowed to possess Mardi Gras beads without first passing a rigorous cultural test. There's a time and a place people, and the time is between Twelfth Night and 12:01 am on Ash Wednesday, and the place is Orleans Parish.
:nono:

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That's truly an interesting collection; would be fun to imagine a story about it all. If a shot like that had been taken in the Poconos, my limited experience suggest we'd be looking at approximately eleventy-billion empty Bud Lite cans accessorized by a patterned field of lone ski poles.

Jilly

Staff member
I don't think it's a passport, more like a beer cozy. DH lots his credit card once. Never found it. But then this is guy that got his skis mixed up on the gondola and ended up with a worst pair of the same ski, and shorter!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
BF lost one glove while on a lift at Snowmass. Long long lift. It was 5 degrees out. I gave him my glove liner and we skied under the lift 3 times before we found his glove. Yikes it was cold. I also gave him one hand warmer for his very cold hand. And that was the last time I was @ Snowmass. What a fun place!!!

Lost a glove at my home mountain but it was in the lesson area and my comrades tend to put lost items on top of something nearby in the area so you can see it elevated as you ski by.

Last January in Owls Head, Quebec I lost a glove off the lift, fortunately I was able to find it on my run down but not without my fingers freezing off by the time I got down there. I thought it was about this time I called it a day and headed to the bar.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wait, was the large decorative Santa boot vase thing part of the loot retrieved?

mustski

Angel Diva
I suspect the boot, tables, and chairs are just for staging. It looks like mostly trash, along with the bras and beads probably retrieved from trees. One of the things I appreciate at my local resort is "trash targets" under every chair - 4 large cans with the sign "Are you good enough?" It keeps the trash in one spot where it's easy to retrieve.

Skier31

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I dropped a glove on a very cold day. I was near the top and when I got off, I hurried down to retrieve it. It was gone and I saw a guy skiing down in front of me. I thought he had it so I chased him.
I went through the terrain park at a very fast speed. When I caught him at the bottom, he did not have it. He thought I was crazy. I was in my ski school uniform.

Found it on the next trip. Wind had blown it into the woods. Fastest I have ever skied. My boyfriend saw me screaming down the hill and confront the guy. He questions my sanity.

MrsPlow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Does a person count? I was skiing with a very tall friend, chair lift arrives and we sit down, with my friend to my left. I look to my right for one second, look back and he's gone. Turns out there was a big pile of snow under the bottom of the chairlift and the tips of his skis caught in the snow...

alison wong

Angel Diva
One ski instructor said to me once, never ever take off your gloves on chair lift because you can easily loose them and don't know where you drop them. From that time onward, I never took off my gloves on chair lift.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My first ever time on a chairlift when I was little, one of my skis popped off. Only, because it was the '70s, I had Cubco bindings with a strap around the ankle instead of a brake, so my ski was just dangling below me and I was terrified. Luckily, the attentive lift operator saw me coming, and when I got to the top he plucked me right up off the chair and put me down off to the side. Shout out to that awesome Gunstock lifty!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna