• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Anyone score a great end of season deal?

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@surfsnowgirl I'll be curious to see what you think of the Kastles... if you find them too soft for your liking. It does seem like, based on turn radius size, they'll be a bit turnier than the Charismas would have been. Charimas are 16.8 @ 163 and Kastle LX82 is only 16 @ 172 (couldn't find a radius for the 163).

@surfsnowgirl I'll be curious to see what you think of the Kastles... if you find them too soft for your liking. It does seem like, based on turn radius size, they'll be a bit turnier than the Charismas would have been. Charimas are 16.8 @ 163 and Kastle LX82 is only 16 @ 172 (couldn't find a radius for the 163).

I am curious too. I did like the Yumi and it did handle hard pack well but I overall found it too soft for me. I am hoping the Kastle is a bit stiffer since its got metal in it it. I'll take them out pretty early season so I should know soon enough if I like them. I am told they feel different than Volkls so I'll try and keep an open mind. I think on paper they'll be good for what I want. People rave and rave and rave about them. I know some instructors have them so that's what got me thinking about my level 1 and they are supposed to be good in bumps and trees so we'll see. I am hopeful I will like them but if not I'll sell them faster than you can say craig's list.

My 2016 Charismas will still get lots of use but hopefully the Kastle's will be good for their intended purpose as well.

You must be stoked to take yours out.

Last edited:

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Really in Tahoe I only need one or two pairs of skis. Really one. But I couldn't resist (yes this forum's fault) the Sambas. And I saw my SIL last weekend and told her I'm giving her my Kenjas. Yes, I could sell them and yes, she can certainly afford to pay for them, but I can't be bothered... Actually they rented a beach house in SC near me and wanted to come by to pick up the skis. Then I remembered they were at Northstar. Oops.

Really in Tahoe I only need one or two pairs of skis. Really one. But I couldn't resist (yes this forum's fault) the Sambas. And I saw my SIL last weekend and told her I'm giving her my Kenjas. Yes, I could sell them and yes, she can certainly afford to pay for them, but I can't be bothered... Actually they rented a beach house in SC near me and wanted to come by to pick up the skis. Then I remembered they were at Northstar. Oops.

DH generally can't be bother with this pesky ski stuff either. Although he did seek out the store where he bought his RTM 84s cause he'd heard they were brand new and 50% off. That's very nice of you to give your Kenjas to your SIL. If I had an older pair of skis and someone with whom I was close that skied also I'd likely do the same. I generally though love the whole buying/bargaining and selling process that goes along with the skis. I have a friend who has a ton of clothing and shoes she wants to sell but hates the whole selling process. I'm going to list them all and sell for her for a small cut of the proceeds of each item. I used to be really big into ebay but got burnt out, slowly getting back into buying/selling stuff.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Oh cool . You can sell all my designer clothes and shoes for me on eBay. I don't need them. A neighbor sold a Diane Von Furstenberg dress that I paid $375 for on Ebay last year for $110. All she wanted was $10 for her trouble. I wore the dress once. Deal.

Now back to the santa anas :smile:. Lots of good deals out there. What is wrong with demo bindings. I know sometimes they can be cheap but both pairs of my kenjas came with good bindings (attack 13 and marker griffon)

oh oh@ me too! Santa Anas, but in a 169 for me :smile:

Sorry folks shop is closed but as the barenaked ladies song goes

"If i had a million dollars".......

:smile:

Seriously though the nice thing is selling a pair of skis and rolling the money right into a different pair. No extra money is spent asks or all evens out.

People think i have 25 pairs of skis because there goes Kim again buying a pair of skis. Nope. The total is 5 current pairs which is waaaay less than a lot of people have.

Last edited:

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
It's the five pairs in one season . Lol. It's your business.. We're just teasing you!

It's the five pairs in one season . Lol. It's your business.. We're just teasing you!

I know :smile:. I bring it on because it does seem like I'm buying skis like crazy. I guess I just went a little crazy last year and bought skis without being thorough on if they were right for me so I've sold them all and replaced them after much demoing and research. I am the quintessential deal hunter so the cumulative cost of all 5 pairs of my skis is probably equivalent to other people's 1 or pairs.

I am feeling good about things now, really good. I am thinking I may not even demo next season since I'm very happy with what I have now. We'll see.

Time to hop on a plane and hit the UK, thank you Brexit the pound is tanking..........

DeweySki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a 5-ski quiver too, so don't feel bad! Two pairs are sitting next to my desk as I type, as I am trying to sell them at work. I didn't think I would get an traction in the middle of summer, but got one response for each pair, so hopefully they are really interested and not just coming for a look-see! Both women who emailed me mentioned how tall they were and asked if I thought it was a good fit. I wanted to be like, "Well...it really depends on your weight too, as well as what kind of skier you are AND where you ski..." Once I meet with them, I am going to recommend them to this site :smile:

I'm mostly excited to get my quiver down to three because that leaves 1 or 2 openings for a new pair in the fall...

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Seriously though the nice thing is selling a pair of skis and rolling the money right into a different pair. No extra money is spent asks or all evens out.

People think i have 25 pairs of skis because there goes Kim again buying a pair of skis. Nope. The total is 5 current pairs which is waaaay less than a lot of people have.

What is this "selling" you speak of???? That's no way to build a REAL quiver (says the girl with 13 pairs of skis)! :wink::laughter:

What is this "selling" you speak of???? That's no way to build a REAL quiver (says the girl with 13 pairs of skis)! :wink::laughter:

We actually don't seriously have the room for crazy amounts of skis. We have 7 pairs in storage now and 2 at home. DH doesn't even know he has a 4th pair of skis in the living room as they are hiding with a pair of mine in a big ski bag ha ha. I haven't even picked up my LX82s yet and my 90Eights don't come home until the fall.

We don't have a garage so in winter our living room is a ski wonderland. I actually worry about someone breaking into our house. Screw the TV and electronics, our skis, our skis lol................ I am trying to sell my older Charismas but if they don't sell I'll just use them as rock skis. DH will sell his Atomic Blackeyes so come fall we'll have 9 pairs of skis between us, well 10 if you count DH's straight skis lol.

Ah well F'it, some girls have shoes...................

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna