• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Between - new Shades of Winter movie

deannatoby

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That looks great! Is it women only? I haven't seen any of her stuff if she's done anything in the past.

shnu

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
As for the skiing part it is women only. She's done some films in the past which are worth to watch from my point of view.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sandra Lahnsteiner's 2nd film PURE: Passion for Progression, is on Red Bull TV. It's streaming right now, but I think you can access it here: https://www.redbull.tv/film/AP-1K38YHX9H1W11/pure.

I'm watching it now, the music soundtrack is worth it alone.

Description: The world's best female freeskiers travel from Alaska to the Alps to fuel their passion for progressing freestyle skiing. This film shows what is possible when an impeccable sense of adventure and exploration turned loose on the mountains.

Last edited:

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Her first movie, Shades of Winter, is available on Red Bull TV too.

shnu

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ladies, I was in Munich for the world Premiere of BETWEEN yesterday.
My recommendation: Watch it!

shnu

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For a little bit of teasing the latest trailer (posted already in another thread somewhere):

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh, man. I just poked around on the site and realized I recognized that name, Matilda Rapaport. She died recently in an avalanche.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
But also - they're screening it in Boulder on my birthday. That seems kind of like a sign from god.

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone found a link to the soundtrack, or bought the movie and is willing to screenshot the end of the credits that lists the songs? :smile:

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
BTW, I keep meaning to write a formal review, but the upshot: definitely worth watching. DH said he thought the treatment of the difficult choice to turn around was the best he'd ever seen in a ski movie. I loved the powder pillow tree shots (always my favorite). There's a bit too much "Squee I haven't seen you in forever!" for my tastes, but it doesn't detract. And I doubt you're going to see a current ski racer ripping turns free skiing on video again any time soon.

shnu

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
BTW, I keep meaning to write a formal review, but the upshot: definitely worth watching. DH said he thought the treatment of the difficult choice to turn around was the best he'd ever seen in a ski movie. I loved the powder pillow tree shots (always my favorite). There's a bit too much "Squee I haven't seen you in forever!" for my tastes, but it doesn't detract. And I doubt you're going to see a current ski racer ripping turns free skiing on video again any time soon.

Glad to hear you liked it. I am so lookin forward watching it next Monday again.

And I can say that listening to the soundtrack during running vr strength training is very motivating (Favourites at the momet: Broods with Conscious and Heartlines/TNAF with Higher/I am not lefthanded with Boats/Børns with 10.000 Emerald Pools).

For the ladies in Europe, there will be SOW camps in Switzerland and Austria. If I remember correctly also in Japan.

ski_hat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just watched it on redbull.tv!!

I love how they really showed off their athleticism, particularly in the surfing segments. They could easily have had "bikini babes," but instead they had hardcore athletes who ROCKED!

Oh, and the skiing was fantastic too, of course!

Did anyone else notice how they treated accidents? I appreciated how they were taken seriously but also as part of the sport. None of those "wow what an idiot" blooper-type segments.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna