• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

All Ramp Skis $149

That could be dangerous.................

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah I, umm...bought a pair of Jailbirds. I just happened to sell my kayaking dry top for $150 today, so it seemed like a good trade...

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Why is the Jailbird not available in a 149? Harumph.

Definitely seems like a good trade. I know nothing about Ramp. I had a chance to demo the Chicadee last season but didn't. That's the only model I know about. When I'm at work and bored later I'll check them out. I don't need another pair of skis......................

I've heard good things about their skis. The Jailbird sounds interesting. I do prefer some metal in my skis, especially if they are narrow but if I didn't have my Redsters/Charismas I might be willing to give them a whirl for $149

The Shebang and Beaver sound great. I am rather fascinated by the Shebang but they only have it in 189cm which is about oh about 20cm too long for me. Fascinating that its 90 underfoot but has a 140mm tip. They have the Beaver in a 169 so tempting but I really don't need it since I'll have my Volkl 90Eights but still. Chicadee is sold out.........

Too bad they only have the Beaver in a 169 cause that might be a contender for DH since I want to buy him a soft snow/slush ski.

I love their tag line for the Beaver as its the ladies version of the ground hog. "PS, this is not a diet Groundhog, it’s the same ski with a women’s graphic. We believe women need the same high level of performance, it’s about how athletic you are, not what gender"

What great prices for some awesome skis.

Congrats on your purchase @SallyCat

Last edited:

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love their tag line for the Beaver as its the ladies version of the ground hog. "PS, this is not a diet Groundhog, it’s the same ski with a women’s graphic. We believe women need the same high level of performance, it’s about how athletic you are, not what gender"

Yeah, but why do they have to call it the "Beaver"? Ugh. They seem like such a progressive, conscientious company, it's baffling that they would make a decision like that. Same with the Armada "VJJ."

Anyway, much as I love my Charismas, I can't help the feeling that I should be on longer carvers, so this is a cheap way to get a 175 into the lineup. I'm hoping to join the adult race league at Blue next year, too. It doesn't take much to justify $149 skis, but that should do it.

Last edited:
Yeah, but why do they have to call it the "Beaver"? Ugh. They seem like such a progressive, conscientious company, it's baffling that they would make a decision like that. Same with the Armada "VJJ."

Just a play on words I suppose. The guys have their woodpecker after all. :smile:

vanhoskier

Angel Diva

Anyway, much as I love my Charismas, I can't help the feeling that I should be on longer carvers, so this is a cheap way to get a 175 into the lineup. I'm hoping to join the adult race league at Blue next year, too. It doesn't take much to justify $149 skis, but that should do it.

Wow! You'll have fun on those! So you're joining Blue's race league? I did their race clinic the season before this last one. It was fun.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'd love to hear more about your experience with the race league. It seems like a fun and economical way to get some feedback on technique. Plus, I like to go fast and really want to experience what it's like to run gates. They say they have an intermediate group, so I hope I don't need to be a superstar to give it a try.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've heard you really learn a lot racing, having to make that turn when the course demands it, not when you feel ready for it.

My home mountain has our race course set up on this fabulous steep blue. Anyone can run the gates during the week for free to see their time, weekends are a small charge. Its a great trail and our warm up run before we have to report to lineup. I am sure you will have a blast.

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
I'd love to hear more about your experience with the race league. It seems like a fun and economical way to get some feedback on technique. Plus, I like to go fast and really want to experience what it's like to run gates. They say they have an intermediate group, so I hope I don't need to be a superstar to give it a try.

I did their Tuesday night race clinic the season before last with tinymoose. We were the only 2 women in that clinic, the rest were beer-league racers (one a former college racer) and most had pretty fantastic technique. However, the coach geared things for everybody. The first night we just free-skied, and they critiqued each of us. The other nights we ran gates, including slalom. (My favorite)! It definitely does help with technique; I think race coaches have a different way of communicating than some instructors, so it was interesting to have that perspective. Our coach gave me some good pointers to help increase my angulation, and I internalized that advice up to this day.

What you really learn is where to initiate each turn in regards to the course. That is something that I didn't master in one season, that's for sure. But racing is fun; it's about competing against yourself, more so than against others (at least for me, that is)! It's a great way to get an adrenaline rush!

Running gates is soooo much fun! I'm not fast either but it's fun so that's all that matters.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well. the 'Birds arrived today, so I thought I would put some base prep wax on them, since they'll be sitting for six months. When the wax started to dry, I noticed this odd pattern along each edge of both skis' bases. I've never seen anything like that before, not even on the old beater skis I've been tinkering with. What's the verdict?

Edit: for the life of me, I can't get the picture to load. Stand by...
Second edit: Dang, I uploaded two of the same image. I'm just going to call that a win and walk away...

Last edited:

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think my new POTUS skis I bought this spring had something similar on their bases after I got them. I think it's probably wax, but not 100% sure.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly