• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

2014 Cycle Stoke Thread

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Those pictures are gorgeous!

Mine is not quite as spectacular, but here's a nice shot of Snowbasin from my ride on Saturday
10455243_10204644025246894_8130762067775157185_n.jpg

My clinic up there is this week. I have a friend who is doing a race at the same time, she is doing the 16 mile "expert" race. She is awesome!

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Terry saddle ^^^. Awesome. Hope it's comfy. My best cycling shorts are from the Bella line at Terry. I have the knicker length and want the shorter shorts. Pricey, though, and they never seem to go on sale.

geargrrl

Angel Diva
Summer ain't over yet.
We just got back from biking in the Revelstoke area. O - M- G.. the finest alpine riding I've ever ever been on.
DSC00068-edit.jpg

photos by my friend Kyle Funke: (nice to have a photographer along)

10468155_10202632218272724_6382345373577682779_o.jpg

Find me:
10499486_10202632219792762_6715674669766690808_o.jpg

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oooooh those look SO fun! Not all climbing and rocks and switchbacks, just wide open meandering meadows. Heaven!

abc

Banned
Mohonk Mountain House carriage road cruising:

IMG_20140808_165824_379.jpg(trail head of Overcliff trail)
IMG_20140808_114354_329.jpg
(North Lookout trail)
IMG_20140808_122546_436.jpg(Copes Lookout trail)

IMG_20140808_122254_295.jpg
(the famous "Gunks" fold)
IMG_20140808_170105_973.jpg
(Rt 44)
IMG_20140808_171947_088.jpg
(Rt 299)

altagirl

Staff member
Gravel? Are you on a cross bike? Looks lovely .
I've ridden a few dirt/gravel roads on my road bike before. (Basically stretches for a mile or so between pavement) Not that I'd really recommend it, but it wasn't as bad as I expected, either.

abc

Banned
This was a mixed surface (road/dirt/gravel) loop, with a short loop of (relatively smooth) singletrack thrown in.

(the singletrack is entirely optional but as a "previous mtn biker", I just couldn't resist)

This is a very popular "mountin bike" destination, for beginner and family that is.

In the age before the popularity of cross bikes, most people would simply drive up to the hotel, unload their mountain bike and ride the endless trail network of carriage roads. Majority of riders I saw on the trail are still doing that, on mtn bikes.

With a cross bike, I can ride up from the village, ride the hotel's trail network, then cross over to the state park (Minnewaska) which has still more trails, then return to the village on a different road.

(the climb up from the village is about 10 miles, kind of boring to do on a mtn bike, but just right on a crosser)

Now some of my clubmates who has cross bikes saw my pictures and want me to lead it as an "official" club ride. So I'm going again tomorrow to scout a tamer version for the "masses", definitely WITHOUT the singletrack!

abc

Banned
This past weekend, our club did an "away weekend" ride at Frederick, MD. The event was actually organized by the Boys and Girls Club of Frederick as a fund raiser, which one of our member rode last year and found to be great fun.

It's was pretty hilly, 5100' for the Metric century of 62 miles. As we crested the hardest hill (13%), we came upon a few horses whose riders were wearing funny looking clothes looking vaguely familiar yet totally out of place...

For a moment, I thought I was hallucinating from the lack of oxgen to my brain after the long climb, then I realized it was a civil war re-enactment in progress!

IMG_20140816_115530_391.jpg

Those were Confederate cavalry!!!

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Xinga and I and the menfolk rode our mountain bikes at North Table Mountain near Golden today. My second mountain bike ride since the injury in March.
8e2aru2e.jpg

4ygy8a9a.jpg
7uvebuze.jpg

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
My DH and I did a bike and barge trip along the Danube the first week of October, staying in a barge and biking along the river during the day. We covered four countries -- Germany, Austria, Slovakia, and Hungary -- saw some gorgeous scenery, and had a fabulous time. The terrain was pretty flat and we rode heavy touring bikes, so it was a little different than the road biking we normally do here in Vermont. Still, a trip to remember.

Here are some pics.

This is the barge we stayed on. It'd move along the river and dock at a designated place, then we'd meet it at the end of the day:

Boat.jpg

We relied mostly on bike ferries to cross the river. This is the "schnapps ferry." Yes, it sold schnapps to passengers crossing the Danube!

BikeFerry.jpg

Biking through the vineyards in the Wachau Valley. Absolutely stunning countryside.

vinyards.jpg

church.jpg

Lots of lovely, scenic roads. I'd do it again in an instant!

OldRoad.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dreamofskiing