• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Who's Bought Their Season Passes for '17/'18?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
And what'd you get?

I got the Okemo weekday pass (weekdays only, no holidays or weekends). Okemo is close to my house, the pass is very reasonable, and I don't ski weekends or holidays, anyway. And I got the Mountain Collective Pass. That takes care of Diva West at Mammoth -- plus a Diva West side trip to Squaw Alpine Meadows -- and Sugarbush here in Vermont, which I dearly love.

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I purchased the Snowbowl PowerPass. It includes a couple of resorts that I hope to get to next season and buddy discounts. Usually I can get up to the mountain once a week , so the cost is worth it, and I feel that I am investing in my "home" mountain as it continues to improve every year!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I'm going to renew my season pass Epic Tahoe Local Pass this week and am thinking about MCP if I decide to go to Taos and Diva West @ Mammoth. I see price of MCP has increased $20... Anyone know if it keeps going up like Epic does?

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm going to renew my season pass Epic Tahoe Local Pass this week and am thinking about MCP if I decide to go to Taos and Diva West @ Mammoth. I see price of MCP has increased $20... Anyone know if it keeps going up like Epic does?

Yes it does..I think it ended up at 499 last year (start last yr was 379) COME ON DO It!! Yes to Diva West!!
there's a bunch more on there Alta, Snowbird, Snowbasin, Sun Valley, Telluride, Jackson Hole.. let me help enable you :-)

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have the MCP pass for Western trips & Sugarbush!
I hope to ski, Sun Valley, Alta, Snowbird, Snowbasin, Taos, Telluride, Squaw & Alpine Meadows, Mammoth..and I'd love to go to Snowmass too!!
I also get an Okemo Midweek non holiday pass and my employee pass at Royal Mt.

heather matthews

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm caught between coming back to the US next year and buying the Epic Local or going to France and getting a Tignes/Val d'isere pass. My local pass here(Mt Hutt,NZ) for our upcoming season was purchased back in Nov '16.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I definitely think it's worth it to grab the early-purchase discounts on season passes. I bought Blue Mountain, PA's unlimited pass: Since Blue is 30 minutes from my house and open until 10pm every night, I pretty much get my money's worth out of it in the first week and a half of the season. I also bought the MAX pass this year, since they added Bellayre and Windham, which are relatively close and it includes 5 days each at Killington and Okemo (whose tickets never seem to go on sale) it will be a good value.

Here's the completely bonkers thing, though: I also have a 17/18 season pass at Mammoth at the early sale price. It's good through this season and next, and I'll be there for three weeks this June, so it seemed the most cost-effective way to go since I want to ski as much as possible. And since it's good through next year, I could theoretically ski next spring on a paid-up pass and maybe even over the winter holidays. It seems like wretched excess to have this many passes, though!

Tvan

Angel Diva
I bought the MAX Pass for 2017/2018 which gives us days at both White Face and Tremblant (which were both in contention for 2018 Diva East before @ski diva finalized White Face), and Stratton which continues to be our go-to mountain away from home. I will also renew our season passes at Mohawk. We love that little mountain, and even though some days its not enough mountain to keep us busy for very long, I would feel horrible to lose it. So, season passes for us again this year - will be our 10th year there.

I agree with @SallyCat - this feels like a lot of ski passes for us, too...but the Mohawk one is an investment in a local business, and that is always a good thing. </end justification>

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I renewed my Okemo weekday pass and added the MAX pass on April 1. And renewed my apartment lease, too!

Now on to sailing season for me. Anyone want to buy an adorable race boat? (I'm looking at a minor upgrade)

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Steamboat 8 pass form my Steamboat trip.
Then the Max Pass add on to that which takes care of all of my skiing in New England.
MCP for trips to Alta/Bird and Aspen/Snowmass. If I can fit Sugarbush in I will use those days as well--but not really necessary to come out ahead with the MCP.

Might as well enjoy these passes while we can since we don't know what passes will look like after next season with all the ownership changes!

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have the RMSP+ for Copper, Steamboat, and Eldora, the MCP which will cover planned trips to Valle Nevado/Alta/Snowbird/Snowbasin/Aspen/Telluride, and will purchase Abasin shortly. Next season I will being doing as much as I possibly can because after that I will spend 4 seasons in law school so expect very little skiing.

BethL

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
RMSP+ for me, DH, and the kids. Paid for two adult passes, and both kids are free (12 and under are free)! Will probably buy a Devil's Thumb Nordic pass too but not until the fall.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Not only will the MCP price increase, the bonus day usually goes away by June. Sales stop completely in July and start up again mid-August.

luliski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Trying to decide: Squaw/Alpine bronze pass (no weekends and blacked out on holidays) + Epic Tahoe Local pass (to ski with BF and on storm days); or Squaw/Alpine silver pass (allows weekends and has a guarantee) + Epic pass; or just Squaw/Alpine silver pass. Leaning towards first choice. But that's quite costly!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Trying to decide: Squaw/Alpine bronze pass (no weekends and blacked out on holidays) + Epic Tahoe Local pass (to ski with BF and on storm days); or Squaw/Alpine silver pass (allows weekends and has a guarantee) + Epic pass; or just Squaw/Alpine silver pass. Leaning towards first choice. But that's quite costly!
I know what you mean.. Here I am with knee injuries and need to commit to Epic Tahoe local and possibly MCP.

Jilly

Staff member
It'll be the Tremblant unlimited for sure. My landlord confirmed this week about the rental for next season. We don't have to commit till the end of May for the best price. Which is good as I'm sure I have taxes to pay the end of the April.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We bought our epic local passes a few weeks ago. @Jilly 's post reminds me thst we have a good thing going with our rental, and I hope we can renew for another year.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly