• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

News about the '17/'18 Mountain Collective Pass

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I received this press release today regarding next season's Mountain Collective Pass, so I thought I'd share it with you:

Sugarbush, Vermont and Snowbasin, Utah Join The Mountain Collective for the 2017-2018 Season

Alta, Snowbird, Banff Sunshine and Lake Louise Have Been Divided and are Now Four Destinations

Purchase This Spring for Lowest Guaranteed Price of $399 USD, Bonus Day at Destination of Choice and Kids’ Pass for Just $1

ASPEN SNOWMASS, Colo. – March 7, 2017 – Sugarbush, Vermont and Snowbasin, Utah have joined The Mountain CollectiveTM as full partners for the 2017-2018 season. These two classic North American ski mountains offer challenging terrain and plenty of variety for every level of skier or rider.

Also new for the 2017-18 season, Mountain Collective passholders will receive twice the number of days at popular destinations in Utah and Alberta, Canada. Beginning with the 2017-18 season, Alta and Snowbird in the Salt Lake City area, and Banff Sunshine and Lake Louise in the Banff National Park area will be considered as separate and distinct destinations providing passholders with two days at each and unlimited 50 percent off days with no blackouts. The dividing of the destinations along with the addition of Snowbasin and Sugarbush brings the total ski days available from full partners to 32 days at 16 unique destinations.

Starting today, a limited number of Mountain Collective passes are on sale for only $399 USD. In addition, spring pass purchasers receive one bonus day at the destination of their choice and two additional days at Global Affiliate Resorts* - Valle Nevado, Chile, Hakuba Valley, Japan and Chamonix Mont Blanc, France. For a limited time, pricing for the kids pass (ages 12 and under) is just $1 for the 2017-2018 season when purchased this spring with an Adult Pass, offering an incredible deal for families.

Sugarbush and Snowbasin join Alta, Aspen Snowmass, Banff Sunshine , Coronet Peak – The Remarkables, Jackson Hole, Lake Louise, Mammoth, Revelstoke, Snowbird, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Sun Valley, Taos, Telluride and Thredbo in this alliance of 16 iconic destinations.

“We are delighted to join the Mountain Collective, and feel that it is a great fit for Sugarbush,” says Win Smith, President and majority owner of Sugarbush. “The Collective brings together the best independently-owned ski resorts across the country—and some abroad—and offers a terrific pass product, as well as benefits for each mountain’s passholders and staff. We are honored to be in the company of these well-respected mountains and are excited to offer these additional benefits to our Sugarbush community. I have personally skied at many of the Mountain Collective resorts and consider them among my favorites.”

“Snowbasin Resort is honored to join the Mountain Collective family ,” says John Loomis, Snowbasin resort general manager. “The Mountain Collective offers skiers and riders the opportunity to enjoy the finest mountain resorts in the world. Snowbasin Resort, home to the speed events in the 2002 Winter Games, is proud to add to the opportunities for passholders.”

“The Mountain Collective remains steadfastly customer-focused with the addition of two incredible destinations for 2017-18 – Sugarbush and Snowbasin – plus even more value with Alta, Snowbird, Banff Sunshine, and Lake Louise now unique destinations,” says Christian Knapp, Vice President Marketing, Aspen Skiing Company. “Combined with our commitment to families with one dollar kids passes and the incredibly low starting price of $399, there’s never been a better time to join.”

In addition to being able to ski or ride at 16 leading destinations, extra benefits available to Mountain Collective pass holders include exclusive lodging deals and a complimentary, one-year Protect Our Winters (protectourwinters.org) membership. The Mountain Collective is committed to being in business forever and proudly partners with Protect Our Winters with the mission of uniting the winter sports community on the important issue of climate change. The partnership also offers a 50 percent discount on lift tickets to premier season pass holders at the participating resorts throughout the season.

The Mountain CollectiveTM Pass grants access to 16 worldwide destinations with more than 51,306 acres of terrain, 2,517 trails and 458 lifts with an unmatched reputation for snow quality, quantity and variety of terrain. Passes are available online at www.MountainCollective.com. A limited quantity of passes are now available at this lowest guaranteed price.

Visit www.MountainCollective.com or call (800) 705-6286 in North American or +61 2 6459 4151 in Australia or New Zealand for more information.

*Price and availability of bonus day subject to change while supplies last. Mountain Collective global affiliate benefits are valid only at then current Mountain Collective Global Affiliates. Global Affiliates are subject to change each ski season.

About Mountain Collective

###

The Mountain CollectiveTM is an international alliance of premier ski destinations providing the Mountain CollectiveTM Pass, a lift ticket that includes two days of riding at all partner resorts and 50% off additional days at each resort. The Mountain CollectiveTM includes Alta, Aspen Snowmass, Banff Sunshine, Coronet Peak/The Remarkables, Jackson Hole, Lake Louise, Mammoth Mountain, Revelstoke, Snowbasin, Snowbird, Sugarbush, Sun Valley, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Taos, Telluride and Thredbo. Global Affiliate resorts include Chamonix (France), Hakuba Valley (Japan) and Valle Nevado (Chile)

Last edited:

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
I'm seriously considering getting the mountain collective this year - now that Sunshine and Louise are separate destinations, and with Revy, that alone might be worth it. Plus the thought of a trip is exciting. The $1 mountain collective for kids is also really appealing and would totally be a steal!

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have to read more into it, but on first glance it seems like since they separated Alta and Snowbird into 2 separate destinations it may not be possible to visit both on the same day like it is now?
It's also weird because when you look at the resort 17/18 FAQs it says for Alta the 50% tickets are only good for Alta/Bird combo tickets while if you read the Snowbird section it says the 50% off tickets are only good for a one day Snowbird only ticket. So maybe if you set up the pass at Alta you can move between the 2 resorts but not if you set it up initially at Snowbird??
Maybe I'm missing something--I probably am, but it would stink if you can no longer move freely between Alta/Bird.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I have to read more into it, but on first glance it seems like since they separated Alta and Snowbird into 2 separate destinations it may not be possible to visit both on the same day like it is now?
It's also weird because when you look at the resort 17/18 FAQs it says for Alta the 50% tickets are only good for Alta/Bird combo tickets while if you read the Snowbird section it says the 50% off tickets are only good for a one day Snowbird only ticket. So maybe if you set up the pass at Alta you can move between the 2 resorts but not if you set it up initially at Snowbird??
Maybe I'm missing something--I probably am, but it would stink if you can no longer move freely between Alta/Bird.
Yes, Alta and Snowbird are separate. The same is also true for Lake Louise and Sunshine. That means potentially 5 days in LCC for someone who picks either Alta or Snowbird for the bonus day. Didn't see that about the additional tickets. Perhaps Snowbird is trying to keep people there while Alta knows that most of the time skiers who start at Alta aren't interested in going to Snowbird that often. After all, there are plenty of times when Mineral Basin doesn't open. Before I got the MCP, I think I only upgraded to the combo pass 2 or 3 days out of 4-5 times spending a week at Alta.

The addition of Snowbasin makes sense to me since Sun Valley had been added. We heard that Sun Valley asked to be included, so perhaps there was also a little push to get Snowbasin added as well.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I'm seriously considering getting the mountain collective this year - now that Sunshine and Louise are separate destinations, and with Revy, that alone might be worth it. Plus the thought of a trip is exciting. The $1 mountain collective for kids is also really appealing and would totally be a steal!
If you are interested in getting a kid MCP, best decide soon. That may go away by early April. Note that only one kid MCP for each adult MCP. It's $99 for additional kids, which is still a good deal.

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
If you are interested in getting a kid MCP, best decide soon. That may go away by early April. Note that only one kid MCP for each adult MCP. It's $99 for additional kids, which is still a good deal.

I think we're going to try to decide by this weekend - this might be the motivation to plan a visit to altabird, which has been on my list for a while.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, I think it will increase crowds here, but I'm excited to have more folks come ski with me!

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
No Thanks. I'll stay with skiing w/the Ski Divas thank you.. EPIC and PUG WAY too many EGO'S!! IMHO>... just like skis different strokes for different folks..

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@ski diva Will next season's Diva West be at an MCP location? Any thoughts?

I had assumed that it ultimately meant 4 days total that you could use at both, but I guess that's naive. 2 days Alta/Bird and 2 days just Snowbird doesn't sound terrible - better than last season, right? But it does seem odd - I guess I wouldn't bank on it just yet.

Ha, yup! Plus the first pass going on sale always makes me a little sad, since it implies ski season is winding down. :,-(

I had the same thought =/ That, and last weekend was the last weekend of my lesson club. TOO EARLY! ETA - and I'm not even cleared for another 1.5 weeks!

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes! Mammoth!

Cat's out of the bag now! Just don't know when, though I'm thinking the latter part of March, since Mammoth generally has a pretty long season.

Late March generally is better for me (doesn't conflict with lesson club).

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes! Mammoth!

Cat's out of the bag now! Just don't know when, though I'm thinking the latter part of March, since Mammoth generally has a pretty long season.
Oh awesome!! SUCH a fun mountain! I'll have to see if I can swing it. Life is pretty uncertain right now!

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, I think it will increase crowds here, but I'm excited to have more folks come ski with me!

LOL I think your Mt can handle crowds if there are ever any?? maybe on a holiday week?
I'm SUPER Excited.
No I"m not done skiing this winter but I can't wait to start planning next season.. woo hoo!! My non skiing DH suggested I should rent a condo out west for a month.. HMMMMMMM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly