• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Announcing TheSkiDiva.com's Favs of '11-'12

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
The Divas have spoken!

Here are the results from our recent "Best of the Year" Survey for our favorite stuff from the '11-'12 season: Our "2012 Mountain Top Picks":

SDMTPLogo12.png

Ski Gear:
Favorite Front Side Carver: Volkl Kenja
Favorite Powder Ski: Rossignol S7W
Favorite All-Mountain Ski: Volkl Aura
Favorite Ski Boot Brand: Dalbello
Favorite Goggle: Smith IO/S
Favorite Helmet: Smith Variant

Ski Apparel:
Favorite Baselayer brand: Smartwool
Favorite Ski Sock Brand: Smartwool
Favorite Jacket Brand: The North Face
Favorite Ski Pant Brand: The North Face
Favorite Glove or Mitten Brand: Hestra

Ski Resorts:
Favorite Eastern Resort: Killington
Favorite Western Resort: Alta
Favorite Midwestern Resort: Nub's Nob
Favorite Eastern Canada Resort: Mont Tremblant
Favorite Western Canada Resort: Whistler Blackcomb
Favorite European Resort: Val d'Isere
Favorite Women's Ski Clinic: Roxy Ski Camp at Whistler

Thanks for voting, everyone, and congrats to the winners!

(Incidentally, you can find last year's winners here.)

BackCountryGirl

Angel Diva
The Divas have spoken!

Here are the results from our recent "Best of the Year" Survey for our favorite stuff from the '11-'12 season: Our "2012 Mountain Top Picks":

View attachment 821

Favorite Front Side Carver: Volkl Kenja

I didn't vote, so I really shouldn't say anything, but does anyone else think the Kenja isn't a "front size carver?" It's a great ski, but I wouldn't call it a "carver." I think I can carve pretty darn well, but I carve much better on skis that are about 78 or narrower under foot.

Downunder Diva

Angel Diva
Thanks Ski Diva for putting the survey together into an impressive list to drool over...:clap:

I didn't vote, so I really shouldn't say anything, but does anyone else think the Kenja isn't a "front size carver?" It's a great ski, but I wouldn't call it a "carver." I think I can carve pretty darn well, but I carve much better on skis that are about 78 or narrower under foot.
BCG I agree with you on this one ^^^ Volkl classify the Kenja as an all mountain ski but I guess it may come down to what Divas use as their carve ski. My carver is 69 underfoot and it's strictly for groomers only whereas my all mountain ski is 84 underfoot similar to the Kenja, and it carves it up really well so i consider them both excellent carvers with the all mountain being a better carver for off piste conditions and my front side carver superior for on piste. But yeah... technically speaking I take your point.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly