• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Any Hockey fans out there?

ski&bfree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love roller hockey, too. I hate getting all sweaty, though, in the non-airconditioned arenas!

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My boy friend also dislike Phillie...Boo Flyers!!!!! Go Caps!!!!!

I hate with a passion the Flyers and the Phillies, but since there are people from Philly on the forum I refrain. :becky: Since Philly is so close to DC, a lot of fans make it down here, and the Verizon Center and Nat's Stadium can, at times, sound like an away game for the Caps and Nats. Grrr.

On another note, I am pleased the Caps will not get swept this year. Yup. I'm setting the bar high.

Jilly

Staff member
Hockey is on TV every night now. I don't think Montreal is going to go far this year. I'm kinda rootn for the Canucks in the west and Boston in the east.

toughgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sigh.. Rangers were just awful last night, but they didn't allow Ovechkin to get a goal.

Can't believe the Sharks are falling apart like they are.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Can't believe the Sharks are falling apart like they are.

Why not??? Don't they always?? :smile:

It's too bad; I thought they had a chance this year. I guess they still do, but that choking reputation isn't exactly being denied ...

toughgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Why not??? Don't they always?? :smile:

It's too bad; I thought they had a chance this year. I guess they still do, but that choking reputation isn't exactly being denied ...

Yeh, I guess your correct. Shouldn't be that much of a shock. Same with the Rangers :frusty:

skimomma24

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hockey is on TV every night now. I don't think Montreal is going to go far this year. I'm kinda rootn for the Canucks in the west and Boston in the east.

BOOOOOO! Hisssss! lol. Canucks - yes, Bruins - NO WAY! But growing up a Habs fan, I could never cheer for the enemy. :boxing: lol. And since the Sens went out so miserably this year..... I am a faithful Canadian team hockey fan. So if it's the Canucks I have to cheer for, I will. But I am kinda rooting for the Rangers too, for some odd reason??? :noidea:

And hubby is a through-and-through Flyers fan. So watching hockey games can be quite interesting here. lol. But he is not enjoying this series very much. But I am enjoying ribbing him on it. Of course then he just throws the Habs back at me. We shall see who comes out in the end though!

toughgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
BOOOOOO! Hisssss! lol. Canucks - yes, Bruins - NO WAY! But growing up a Habs fan, I could never cheer for the enemy. :boxing: lol. And since the Sens went out so miserably this year..... I am a faithful Canadian team hockey fan. So if it's the Canucks I have to cheer for, I will. But I am kinda rooting for the Rangers too, for some odd reason??? :noidea:

And hubby is a through-and-through Flyers fan. So watching hockey games can be quite interesting here. lol. But he is not enjoying this series very much. But I am enjoying ribbing him on it. Of course then he just throws the Habs back at me. We shall see who comes out in the end though!

GAME 7 ... Rangers vs Caps. Should be interesting, it's sure been full of drama instead of hockey. I'm rooting for my team (Rangers).. but I have a bad feeling they are done.

It's been a crazy first round playoffs.

toughgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
BOOOOO. Rangers lost.. sigh. Well my hockey watching season is over... but i will watch the stanely cup finals

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hey, look! The Caps didn't choke! Wooohooo! Bring on the Pens!

Funny thing - I had no problem getting playoff tickets last year, but this year is a completely different story.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hey, look! The Caps didn't choke! Wooohooo! Bring on the Pens!

Funny thing - I had no problem getting playoff tickets last year, but this year is a completely different story.

The last 5 min were great ... as an Avalanche fan, I have been crushed by Fedorov before, but last night he was my hero. Scoring and then wiping out Avery ... that was beautiful. Sniff sniff.

toughgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The last 5 min were great ... as an Avalanche fan, I have been crushed by Fedorov before, but last night he was my hero. Scoring and then wiping out Avery ... that was beautiful. Sniff sniff.

OMG... I hate you all... Just Kidding. :ROTF: I actually love Avery, I fall under that rare category

tradygirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've never really been into hockey, but my husband has been really into the playoffs this year and I have to say I'm loving watching hockey with him. He played goalie when he was younger so I've been learning a lot from him. I watched most of the Caps-Rangers series - great games!

I'm jealous of you ladies with local NHL teams. I'd be a total fan!

Consuela

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sharks are out... What in the world happened there?

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've never really been into hockey, but my husband has been really into the playoffs this year and I have to say I'm loving watching hockey with him. He played goalie when he was younger so I've been learning a lot from him. I watched most of the Caps-Rangers series - great games!

I'm jealous of you ladies with local NHL teams. I'd be a total fan!

You should go see it in person, then you'll really be hooked. Utah has an ECHL team (minor league pro hockey), the Grizzlies. Next season, go! I'm sure you can get great seats for little money, and even though it's minor league, nothing beats the speed and skill displayed in a live hockey game.

tradygirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah, I've been to a few Grizz games and all I can say is...meh. I think it's the fact that there's so few people that go, the stands are more than half empty and you just don't get the excitement flowing. I think I might like it more now that I'm understanding the game a little it better. Speaking of - we watched the end of the Caps/Penguins game last night. AWESOME. I think I've jumped on the Caps bandwagon for the playoffs...Ovechkin is just amazing.

So all of this hockey excitement has got my husband back in to playing again! He's been picking up used equipment and is probably going to start playing drop-in games this summer. I think he's convinced me to learn how to play too, and I'm getting more and more excited about it. It would be awesome to have an indoor sport to play in the summer when it's like 100 degrees outside. Now I just need to learn how to skate.....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly